She's mine

Title:She's mine
Pairing/Characters:Billie and Brandon, Billie, Brandon
Genre:Soft/Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Age:25&30
Summary:Because she is your girl.

___________________________

You watch her.

The once blonde, now black with green roots, angel with a devious smile on her red lips.

She's gorgeous. She'd breathtaking and beautiful, and there's nothing you can do but gape at her in shock. Your pulse races immeasurably and the only thing you can do is watch her with wide eyes. Watch the way she saunters down the aisle, bright and shining and demanding the attention of every person in the room.

Drew and Zoe stand a little ways in front of you, watching there best friend with red rimmed eyes and disjointed sniffles. Prince, Gawa and Nikita are beside you, grinning from ear to ear, a congratulatory smile on their faces. Patrick walks her down, eyes brimming with tears and blubbering displeased words about giving his daughter away to some tearaway.

He takes of her veil to a dazzling crystal blue eyed gaze, and you know you've fallen in love with her all over again. Just like that one night in your youth at coachella when you walked from artist to artist, laughing and her hanging off your arm without a care in the world.

Her eyes drift to yours, and you see a whirlwind of emotions overtake her face. You see warmth and affection, Regret. Guilt, Sadness. Longing. You can see the kaleidoscope of your relationship flash through her eyes.

You see her red cheeks and pink, swollen lips when you finally built up the nerve and kissed her after hanging out with all of your friends that first month you met.

You see the droopy, content smile on her face after you both gave in and spent a night together, in her red room. You held her so tight that night.

You see her up on that stage. Not feeling anything but proud when she finds you in the crowd, and doesn't take her eyes off of you the whole night.

You see the growing exasperation and the fights and the fear of losing each other taking over what made your relationship work so well.

You see the pain in her expression when she told you she wanted to call it quits when she was on tour and you agreed without hesitation.

You see your cowardice and your terrible lonely nights.

You see the nights you spent drowning your sorrows in alcohol. The nights you spent angry at her for running away and at yourself for giving up. The nights you spent dialing her number and never hitting the call button.

You see when she absolutely skyrocketed in her career. It kills you to know that she has moved on but you can only feel happiness that she has lived beyond her dreams.

You see the day that an old fling called you up and you answered. Trying your absolute hardest to move on. But it was never any use. You would always love her.

You see how you gradually become friends again, sharing each other's lives once more as you used to.

You see the bright smile on her face when she tells you she reunited with him.

You see her come to life as she talks about their relationship, as she asks you for advice.

You watch as all of your attempted relationships crumble to the ground.

You see the hesitation in her expression, the uncertainty when she moves in with him. The reluctance when he tells her he loves her.

You see her unease when she tells you she's engaged.

You see the hope in her eyes when she asks you to give her a reason-any reason at all-to say no. Any reason to reject the proposal. Any reason she should end things.

You see your jealousy and stupid misguided and misdirected irritation.

You see the slightly crestfallen but resigned look when you tell her you're happy for her. When you let her go.

Then you blink and the moment is gone, and she's gazing at him with adoration and climbing the steps of the altar. And suddenly it becomes all too real. Suddenly, you know you're about to lose her for good. And you panic.

Because she is your girl. And you can't lose her to another. She's the one who knows you best, even more than you know yourself. She's the only one who can help you find yourself when you're lost. The only one who can read you like a book. The only one who you have ever truly loved. The only one you could ever envision spending every day with for the rest of your life.

And you know if you leave this be, you'll spend the rest of your life dreaming about the one that got away. You'll spend every single day for the rest of your miserable life living with regret and heartache that you lost the love of your life to someone else because you were too stupid to go after her like you should have. Because you were too stupid to recognize how much she completes you. How much you need her.

You don't pay any attention to anything the priest says. You don't pay attentions to the introduction of his speech or the poetic language of the marriage ceremony. The only thing you hear is "speak now or forever hold your peace"

And you know what you have to do.

So you stand up.

You ignore the curious glances.

You ignore the shocked stares.

You ignore the warning glares.

You ignore the confused gawking.

All you focus on is the unmistakable glimmer of hope hidden deep in the stormy blue eyes as she turns to look at you.

And you say.

"I object"