Let there be cake!

Title:Let there be cake(lol what)
Pairings/Character:Brandon&Billie, Prince, Nikita(mentioned)
Genre:Romance,Humor,Angst(maybe?)

Summary:Where making a cake for Nikitas birthday goes horribly wrong. (Or horribly right?)

Same universe as Here we go again

_____________________________

Nikita's birthday was tomorrow.

And as a gift, Billie wanted to make a cake for her. A little chocolate cake with green icing. Prince was really here for the idea. So when she called him up asking for his help, he had agreed. She had cited since she didn't know how to bake, clearly she had been in over her head and needed some help to figure out the convoluted text in the cookbook. He'd been all on board for the plan to make the beautiful woman that special cake.

Except there was one problem.

Prince didnt know shit about baking, much less what all the ingredients for a cake were. The only thing that he knew about cake, was how to stuff his face with it.

But since he knew Brandon's mom was all big on forcing Brandon to learn how to cook and bake and do laundry and be independent and all that shit to prepare for college next year (so that he wouldn't be one of those of kids who had to travel all the way back every time they needed something and couldn't take care of themselves) Prince figured if anyone knew about this whole baking crap, it would be his best friend.

So he'd called Brandon asking if he could accompany him to Billie's home to help with the cake baking.

Of course, he should have picked up on the weirdness from the start.

Namely two things:

One. Why Billie hadn't just called Brandon in the first place, especially since she knew he could cook.

And two. Why Brandon had hesitated when Prince had originally asked him to come along.

Those two comprised the first strike.

In any case, Prince had continued to badger Brandon and bug him until the boy had finally relented and reluctantly joined him.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Nikita's my friend too, hell she's basically my sister. You're not the only one who wants her to have a good birthday. Plus, Prince asked me for help"

The second strike was their cold demeanor towards each other.

By that point, Prince probably should have picked up on the heightened animosity and the fact that they didn't kiss each other hello, but since they started dating in mid high school, Prince had become quite accustomed to their random, sudden inexplicable irritation with each other, and he'd ignored it. He was sure whatever was going on would blow over eventually anyway, and they'd be back to their kissy kissy, lovey dovey, bickering and bantering annoying teen couple world in a moment.

So Prince had started to search for a quick and easy recipe they could follow with the meager ingredients Billie had in her cupboards and fridge. All the while, Brandon and Billie continued to growl and snap at each other every other minute, yet Prince assumed it was just the typical banter and didn't focus on it. They would get over it any second now.

"I don't want to talk to you about this right now"

"Well we're going to have to eventually, Billie. You cant ignore me forever"

"Watch me"

He was wrong.

"What do you guys think about this recipe?"