He's yours

Title:He's yours
Pairings/Characters:Billie, Brandon, Billie&Brandon
Genre:Romance, Soft/Angst, Hurt/Comfort
Age:25&30
Summary:Because he's your man.

Sequel to She's mine.

___________________________

You walk down the aisle accompanied by your father on your left, blubbering about giving you away. You see faces your recognise through your veil—some that you don't—all here to see you get married. Your soon-to-be's family and friends. Your mother. Your brother accompanied by his wife and kids. Your friends. Drew and Zoe sniffling at the front. Your soon-to-be standing in awe at the alter.

And you see him.

Seated in the front row, watching you like you are the apple of his eye. And when your dad removes your veil and you meet his eyes, you just know it's tearing you both apart to be like this. You can't help but think that this is wrong. In your mind's eye, he was supposed to be the one at the alter, waiting for you to climb the steps. He was the one who you were supposed to be with for the rest of your life.

And you feel your stomach knotting unbearably, because this has become all too real.

You love him.

You still love him.

And you've never stopped loving him.

Not even when your relationship crumbled to pieces.

Not even when you both gave up.

Not even when you reconciled with your groom.

Not even when things got serious with your groom.

Not even when he gave you his blessing to move on.

You've never once gotten over him.

And you get a little mad, because you know why he did it. Because he was jealous. Because he was angry at both himself and you for not working things out when you had the chance. But you know somewhere deep down, he was also trying to be selfless and wanted you to be happy. It annoys you to no end how he could be so stubborn and sacrifice his own happiness for you. It bothers you. Because he never had been able to tell that you are your happiest when you're with him.

You won't be able to go through with this. Because he's your man. Because he's the love of your life. And he's always had your heart and he always will have your heart, no matter where you are or who you are with.

And you know what you have to do.

So you climb those steps to your groom, smiling remorsefully, because this will hurt him, and he's been nothing but sweet to you. And when the priest says "speak now or forever hold your peace", you prepare to end things officially. You know you'll face the wrath of several in the room and some people will never speak to you again, but you want to be selfish for once and take what you want. And what you want is him.

But he beats you to the chase.

You see him stand in the audience, eyes determined and expression resolved and anxious. And you know your heart is beating erratically in your chest, hoping that he will say those precious words you've been waiting to hear from him since that day you told him you were engaged.

And he does.

He says:

"I object."

And the crowd is ruffled and outraged and some are throwing him disgusted glares and watching him like he's trying to ruin something good.

He doesn't say anything else. He doesn't have to say anything else because you knew you were you were still his as soon as you first saw him in his seat, watching you with warmth and affection. Regret. Guilt. Sadness. Longing. The same things you know have been on your face since you walked into the chapel.

So you turn to your almost-husband apologetically. He watches you quietly, those somber blue eyes knowing exactly what is hidden in the depths of your gaze. But he smiles in understanding and kisses your forehead gently, letting you go. You toss your bouquet in the direction of Zoe and Drew and race down the steps.

You ignore the shocked wails.

You ignore the disgusted stares.

You ignore the disappointed glares.

You ignore the outraged gawking.

All you focus on is the tenderness in the hazel-brown eyes as he steps into the aisle he to meet you halfway.

You take his outstretched hand.

And you run.