"Does Barry Manilow Know That You Raid His Wardrobe?"

"I can't believe you can't get me out of this." Claire crossed her legs. "I mean, it's so absurd I have to be here on a Saturday! It's not like I'm a defective or anything..." "I'll make it up to ya'." Mr. Standish said, handing Claire her lunch bag. "Honey, ditching class to go shopping doesn't make you a defective. Have a good day!" Claire rolled her eyes at her father's idiotic smile as she stepped out of the car, Kill me. She thought to herself, slamming the car door.

"Is this the first time or the last time you're gonna do this?" Mrs. Johnson said with a stern voice. "The last..." "So get in there and use the time to your advantage." "Mom, we're not supposed to study; we just have to sit there and do nothing." Brian said, becoming agitated at his mother's words. "Well you better figure out a way to study!" "Yeah!" His sister chimed in. "Well, go!" Brian sighed at his mother as he slowly got out of the car, carefully closing the car door behind him.

"Hey, I screwed around. Guys screw around, there's nothing wrong with that. Except you got caught for it." Andrew nodded. "Mom already rang me, alright?" You wanna miss a match? You wanna blow your ride? What school's gonna give a scholarship to a discipline case!?" Andrew didn't respond, he left the car silent.

"Take that thing off." Alan's father ordered. "Take what off?" he asked, playing dumb. "The wig. Take off the wig." "Honey, this is not a wig, this is my hair!" Alan scoffed. "Fine, if you ain't takin' it off, I'm takin' it off!" His father reached over and snatched Alan's wig, punching him in the shoulder. "Ow, hey!" "Listen Al, I'm just tryin' to protect you. I don't want some fag gettin' the wrong idea, Alright?" "Yeah, I know..." "Oh, and before you go, take this." His father handed him a tissue. "What's this for?" "To wipe all that pink shit off your face." "Oh..." Alan nodded, pretending to follow his father's orders. His father gave him a thumbs up before driving away, Finally. He thought. Alan threw the tissue on the ground, next to a few Cigarette butts. He threw  a hot pink Feather Boa around his neck and walked into the building, his hands on his hips, performing some sort of strut. He knew that the people around him would definitely be laughing to themselves at his behavior, but he didn't mind. At least I don't look like a Reagan wannabe. He'd always think to himself. 

Shit. Claire thought. I can't believe I gotta sit here for eight hours with Mr. Puberty sitting behind me. She facepalmed. However, she found the slightest bit of hope when she saw Andrew walk into the room. He pointed to one of the chairs, silently asking if he could sit there. She wanted to squeal in excitement. But, trying to look cool, she shrugged, signing him to sit down. Alan was the next one to enter. He nearly pranced into the room, his arms above his head, his hands delicately pointing downward, fluttering his fingers. "Oooh! I'm gonna spend time in detention with a hottie!" He exclaimed, looking at Andrew. He awkwardly laughed at his antics. As soon as he sat down behind and diagonal to the two, Andrew leaned closer to Claire and whispered, "Betcha' one million that guy's gonna get AIDS." Claire snickered. And then, the rebel himself, John Bender showed up. And as everyone watched in awe as he started toying with everything on the Librarian's desk, they all thought the exact same thing, We. Are. fucked. When he intimidated Brian out of his seat, Brian panicked. Shit. I gotta sit down next to the fruit. Alan looked up at Brian, fluttering his fingers at him. Brian flashed a fake smile and sat down beside him. "Hottie alert." Alan whispered, making Brian cringe.  

     The last person to enter the room was rather interesting. everyone saw her around, but nobody really knew  her. She sat down behind Brian and Alan, but it was like she never entered in the first place. And then, the big man himself, Richard Vernon entered the room. "Well, well, here we are. I want to congratulate you all for being on time." "Excuse me, sir?" "Claire raised her hand. "I think there's been a mistake. I know it's detention, but...I don't think I belong in here..." Vernon ignored her. "It is now seven-oh-six." He said, checking his watch. "You have exactly eight hours and fifty four minutes to think about why your in here...to ponder the error of your ways..." Meanwhile, Bender spat into the air and managed to catch the saliva in is mouth. Oooh, a hot bad boy!  Alan thought to himself, causing him to smile. Claire however, gagged at what happened. "You may not talk." Vernon pointed to Claire. "You will not move from these seats...you  will not sprinkle glitter everywhere like you did Friday..." "Dammit!" Alan shouted. "And you..." Vernon pulled the chair out from under Bender's legs. "...Will not sleep. Alright people, we're gonna do a little something different today. We are going to write an essay." Vernon began handing out paper and pencils. "No less than a thousand words, describing to me who you think you are." "Is this a test?" Bender interrupted. "And when I say essay, I mean essay. I do not mean a single word repeated a thousand times. Is that clear Mr. Bender?" "Crystal." Bender said, putting his feet on the table. "Good. Maybe you'll learn a little something about yourself. Maybe you'll even decide wither or not you'd like to return..." "You know I can answer that right know, sir. That'd be 'no', no for me because-" "Sit down, Johnson." Vernon interrupted. "Thank you, sir." Brian sat down, embarrassed. Alan laughed at the blonde's conversation. "My office is right across that hall. Any monkey business is ill-advised. Any questions?" "Yeah, I got a question. Does Barry Manilow Know that you raid his wardrobe?" The students began snickering to themselves. "You'll get the answer to that question, Mr. Bender, next Saturday. Don't mess with the bull, young man, you'll get the horns." Vernon said shortly before walking away. "That man...Is a brownie hound." Bender said, causing Alan to giggle.