cuatro.

Ali sighed , looking her simple outfit that consisted of a a white shirt and dark grey jeans and white booties. She just grabbed her keys and phone before walking out to her Jeep.  She drove to the address before parking in the driveway.

Her anxiety rose as she took deep breaths. Her shaky pale hand knocked on the door. There was no answer for a couple of seconds.

The door opened to show Hank Voight.

"Didn't think you would make it."

"Have some faith in me." She smiled, walking in.

"They are in the kitchen. Let's go."

"How are they going to take it ?"

"I have no idea."

She followed behind Hank into the dining room to show Erin and Justin fighting over something like usual.

"But I had it first." Justin shouted.

"Hey , I'm the oldest." She shouted back.

"Can you guys stop arguing for a second ? I have a guest over."

Erin and Justin looked at Hank confused.

"Who's over ? Is it Erin's girlfriend ?" Justin joked. Erin grabbed a biscuit and threw it at Justin's head.

"No , it's Ali."

Ali just shyly waved as they stared at her.

"She will be eating dinner with us tonight."

It was awkward silence as Ali and Hank sat down. Justin kept staring at Ali and Erin eyes stared at her plate.

"You're hot as hell." Justin told her. Ali's eyes widened at his statement.

"Don't talk to her like that Justin." Hank told his son.

"Why ? It's true unless.....ew dad is she your girlfriend ?" Justin shouted. Ali's cheeks blushed red and Erin gasped.

"Is that why she works at the precinct ?"

"No." Hank spoke. " She works there because she is more than qualified."

"Then why is she here ?" Erin said , smiling at Ali's before turning her head to Hank and harshly whispering. "I thought it was just family dinner."

"It is , that's why she is here."

Erin and Justin were confused before looking at the blonde haired woman who didn't even get to eat yet before the 'talk' had to start.

"Wait , what does that mean ?" Justin asked.

"There was a time that me and your mom took a break. Work was getting too hard and she had people after her so it was best for me to leave the country. I stayed in Columbia in hiding for a couple of months and your mother told me that we were done for good. That same night I met Ali's mother. And then she happened. " Hank sighed and sat up in his chair. "I went back to Camille and explained the ordeal to her which she understood. Ali's mother said she wanted money for an abortion which I sent her. I haven't talked to her since and I only found out last year about Ali. She wanted a DNA test before anything developed. It came out positive before she came down to Chicago."

There was a big moment of silence for Hank's two kids at the dinner table. They had a sister that they had no idea about that just came from across the globe. Ali spoke up softly.

"I just want to know my dad. I don't want to take him away from you guys or anything and you feel that way , I apologize."

"Good job dad. You practically cheated on mom." Justin bitterly spoke before pushing his chair back and rushing upstairs. There was a another moment of silence and Erin grabbed her wine glass drunk it to her head.

"That was a hell of a lot to take in. Wow I have a sister. That sounds weird." Erin spoke before looking at Ali. "I guess you are my sister now."

"Well I guess ?"

"I'm kind of drunk right now so this isn't as devastating as it is supposed to feel. But I'm going upstairs to go to sleep so when I wake up in a couple of hours , I will probably be upset."

Erin got up and walked away , stumbling up the steps. Ali sighed and got up before rushing to the door.

"I told you this was a bad idea Hank." She said , grabbing the door handle and walking out of his house. Hank rushed behind her and grabbed her arm.

"Ali , you can't go."

"I can't ? Face it Hank , this was the worst idea ever. I only been here for two months and my partner hates me and I ruined your happy home."

"You didn't ruin anything and Dawson doesn't hate you."

"For someone who knows the whole world , you don't seem to understand what the hell is going on. I'm used to feeling unwanted and having no place to go. " She told him. "I- just don't make sure anymore of your kids feel that way, okay ?"

Ali went to her Jeep and went back to her apartment. Things were just getting settled for her and now it already felt like it was her time to leave.

She was used to this.

Years of nonstop work and missions and different agencies and groups caused her to constantly move everywhere with no personal stability. Her life was very lonely as a child. Her mother died when she seven by their landlord's gun after she refused to have sex with him for another month's rent.  After her mother died, she lived in foster care for a part of her childhood in the poorest neighborhood in her city. Small thievery for food turned into large money heists for the young girl.

Until she stole from the wrong person when she was ten years old.

His name was Charles Adams. The biggest mob boss in Columbia . Charles was surprised the one person who was sneaky enough to steal from him and get through all his teams was a small ten year old little girl. Instead killing the innocent child , he took her under his wing.

He groomed her into the perfect assassin. Taught her how to fight , how to steal even more than she had, how to lie her way out of anything, taught her how to use any weapon to kill someone from a pocket knife to a machine gun.

Charles Adams sent her out for missions for days and made her comeback with proof that she killed who she had to kill. The proof ? The chopped head of the deceased.

And then one day , Charles Adams partner was caught and ratted out Charles Adams.  The MI5 and MI6 rushed in with big guns on Charles with Alejandra. Charles was sent to federal prison for life without parole. Unlike Charles , she was offered a choice.

Go to prison for the rest of your life or work under us for awhile ?

Of course she worked under them.

They underestimated the intelligence and the physical power of the young girl. She was beyond talented and they used her just like Adams did. Missions to every continent , taking out threats any chance she had , even it was a bad one.

She worked everywhere , never stayed anywhere too long.

She ended up working in the FBI for awhile before she opened the letter she had for years after her mother died. It was a letter that her mother wrote for her about her father.

His name was Hank Voight.

Ali looked him up and contemplated for weeks to say something and finally decided to reach out. Small conversations led to long ones and before she knew it, the paternity test came back positive and he invited her to work at the precinct.

Once the papers were filed , she got her apartment and bought her Jeep.

She packed up and moved to Chicago to start a new life.

A life that ended too quickly for her liking.

But she was used to this.

The only difference was that she finally was taking a deep breath but it was time to exhale.

It was now time to move on.