diecinueve.

Jay glanced again at Alejandra who was loudly playing Candy Crush.

"Why do you keep looking at me ?" She asked him without glancing at him.

"You look good with blonde hair." He simply spoke. They made eye contact and he looked away before putting his eyes into the holes of the binoculars to look out. "What made you do it ?"

"I decided that the pink in too long and so I went to blonde hair."

"Got tired of me calling you pinky ?" He joked.

Alejandra pressed a button on her radio.

"Erin , your boyfriend is acting up."

Seconds later , Erin spoke through the radio.

"Both of you start acting like adults."

"Ha, it backfired." Jay told her.

"So what's the love story behind you and Erin ?"

"With how much time you take out of our relationship to spend time with her , you don't know?'

"I know but I want to hear it from you."

He sighed and put the binoculars down.

"Why ?"

"Why are you so sassy ? God , I'm never being in this car with you ever again."

He rolled his eyes.

"Fine. We started working together and we had these crazy moments where I thought hmm I would love to have sex with her right now-"

"Forget I asked."

Jay started laughing. His blue twinkling with happiness.

"I'm joking but not but I'm serious. We developed way more of a connection then both of us thought we would and we started sleeping around and then dating and then it was off again on again. My ex wife popped up-"

"Wait ex wife ?"

"Yeah , stupid Vegas marriage I had yearsssss ago. The girl thought she had a chance and I told her no. Signed the divorce papers and Erin made me earn her back. Then Nadia , a close friend, died. She spiraled, I got kidnapped and tortured and she came and saved me and then Voight found out and-"

"Wait this is too much , I didn't know about the spiral and the kidnapping-"

"And then Voight basically put us on patrol and we experienced first hand why he didn't want us dating. You fall for someone who can lose their life and you are going to blame yourself even though the situation could be helpless. When Erin got shot that day, I blamed myself, I did. And Voight told me that's why he didn't want nobody dating in the unit, it's already damaging working like this and now losing the person you love most ? That could ruin you."

Alejandra gulped and looked out the window and a black flash went past them.

Their suspect was running.

"Let's go !"

The two got out and took off running behind him. Alejandra spoke into her radio.

"Suspect , running south on foot , black hoodie !"