Chapter 1: The Beginning of all the beginning

Carmela's P.O.V.

"Carmela!!! Come over here! I will show you something!!" Uncle Lucas called me through the walkie talkie.

It is my 16th birthday, I'm so pretty excited for this day even the three of us will only celebrate it. Uncle called me while I'm tending our own small farm. Yeah, uncle made a farm not so far from the house so that we don't need to go to the city to buy food and we can save our money for our future use.

"Coming!" I answered back. Sigh, I need to leave my beloved farm. As I walk towards the house, I keep thinking to myself what will happen after my 16th birthday? The Plan. Many thoughts keep running through my mind as I am nearing to the house. I just shake my head and push my thoughts back in my head.

"Uncle!!!!" I called as I opened the door. "Uncle,Why all the lights are off?" I try to switch the lights on and off and I've decided that we are cutted off electricity maybe because the gasoline tank in our generator is empty. Maybe he went to the city. But why he didn't remind me that he will go there instead he just called me to come here and this is what I see, no sign of uncle Lucas.

As I waited uncle to arrive, I sank myself to the fluffy couch in the living room, I almost jumped in surprise when the lights turned on.

"Geez!! What the he-"

"Happy birthday Carmela!!!"

I almost cried when I saw how hard he prepared for my 16th birthday. I think this is the happiest birthday in my life. To my surprise uncle is not the only person who celebrated my birthday my bestfriends are here especially, Zayn.

"Happy birthday babe, look at you, you are getting older, but you are still pretty" I blushed to myself as the words came from his mouth. "Th-thank you." Our year gap between Zayn is just 2 years. Yeah that's not sounds old because we love each other.

"Blow the candle Ela!!" Margaux excitedly says. Margaux is one of my faithful bffs for 13 years. She is my first friend in my life next to Zayn. I consider her as my sister. Yeah I love her with all my heart. We made a promise to each other that no one of us will let go in our lives even she is living in the city, completely different from mine. She has a partner that was a vampire businessman. They will get marry at her age 18 because that is the right and legal age here to get married. I thought her boyfriend is a good guy. Vampires were portrayed as evil, deceiving, selfish and cruel.. I guessed not all.

"Make a wish now." Uncle Lucas gladly says. As I make my wish, I wish that my mother will be ok wherever she was. I wish that my relationship with Zayn will last longer. Uncle Lucas also will be in a good health. And I wish that my plan in going to the city will happen...

As I finish to blow my candle, everyone is happy and we all eat, talk, and laugh together. And after that, one by one slowly leaving us because they need to go back to their own businesses . As Margaux and I say our goodbyes, she will visit me again next month because she need to take care some errands. All of my close friends left except for Zayn..

"Are you staying here?"

"Yes. And I have planned that tomorrow I will take you to the city for a walk." He said nonchalantly.

"What?! Really?!" I nearly screamed.

"Shhhh, keep quiet. Your uncle Lucas will be mad if he heard you." He shush. I lowered my voice.

"Seriously?! That was my plan! I planned to ask you to take me with you. So what if he will find out that we are secretly leaving to the city? He will never allowed me to go there."

"Don't worry, I will handle this." He gave me two thumbs up.

I am worried of what will the outcomes about our plan until uncle Lucas approach us.

"Zayn, I will show you your bedroom. Let's go?"

"Hey, I will leave you for a while. Are you sleepy now?"

"Yeah, I think so." I yawned.

"Hm.. Tsk. It seems you need to. Go to sleep now. Good night. I don't want you to stay up late."

"Okay. Goodnight too." I smiled

Zayn lean in and he kissed my forehead.

"Good night, sleep tight."

"You too."

As I'm going to sleep, I keep on thinking of what does the city looks like, is it beautiful or not. Is it very much alike to the books I have read about it? I don't know for now. I must go to sleep now because i need maximum energy for tomorrow's trip. I drifted to sleep while I am excited of going there for the first time....

A/N:
SO HOW'S THE CHAPTER ONE? DO YOU THINK SHE WILL LIKE THE CITY?BY THE WAY THE PICTURE OF ZAYN IN THE SIDE. OH MY GOSSSHSJJSSHH! HE IS SO HANDSOME!!

Copyright © 2016 Britannica_Monti