Dark Revelations

"Sometimes
when you're in a dark place
you think you've been buried
but you've actually been planted.
"
Christine Caine

'Death is inevitable.
She will come for everyone I know, and everyone I don't.
She will come for those around me, and those I'll never see.
She will come for the people I love, and for the people all alone.
And one day, She will come for me.

'Death is inevitable.
She will embrace the young, and She will embrace the old.
She will embrace the strong, and the weak and sickly.
She will embrace those with cold hearts, and those with hearts of gold.
And one day, She will embrace me.

'But Death is also lonely.
She acquaints herself with those she cannot yet grasp.
She reaches out, but cannot help her lethal touch.
She hopes for companionship, but they each fall from Her clasp.
And one day, I will be in Her clutch.

'Death is inevitable.
But She is not to blame for the pain She inflicts.
For each time She takes someone away, She loses them too.
She wishes to no longer be alone, but for Her lethal touch, there is no fix.
So Death, I forgive you.'

Elle closes her A4 notebook, gazing out the window as she sighs, putting her mermaid pen down, and picking up the unicorn pen.

Waylon's death brings back troubling memories for the younger Swan twin; troubling enough that Charlie had allowed her to stay home from school

Having the whole house to herself, Elle wanders around, humming along to her music, the unicorn pen still in her hand.

A knock at the door stops Elle's aimless wandering, and she ambles towards the front door, still dressed in an old light brown oversized sweater with shorts underneath, bunny ankle socks, and her hair in a bun.

Unlocking and opening the front door, Elle is met with Jasper's worried golden eyes.

"Hey darlin'," Jasper greets, his voice smooth.
"Hi Jazz," Elle greets in response, Jasper smiling fondly at the nickname.

"How are you doing today?" the vampire asks softly, moving inside when Elle motions for him to.
"Better than yesterday... Still not great; but I managed to write something, so that's a good sign," the Swan girl smiles sadly as she closes the door.