Unsettling Updates

"The right mixture of
caring and not caring;
I suppose that's
what love is.
"
James Hilton

To: Jasper Hale

Hey Jazz

Bella found out about the Quileute's being shapeshifters this afternoon, and well... it was all a little crazy.

So, because I have nothing better to do at the moment, here's the play-by-play:
(I hope you're ready for quite the story)

It all started with a visit to Bella's meadow after she fought with Jake.
Laurent showed up, all predatory, and said he was checking if your family was still here as a favour to Victoria.
He was only meant to do recon, and than tell her, but he decided he wanted us all for himself, so I did what I do best—held him off by shoving pens into his eyes.

The pokey-stabby is my signature move, after all.

And then, the wolves—quite literally—descended, chasing after him while Bella and I fled (Bella pulling me along with her, because I wasn't afraid of those beautiful beasts) and then doing the world a favour and killing him.

It's a pity he regressed to his douche-canoe ways instead of staying in Alaska.

Anyways...

Jacob decided to pay Bella a visit and try give her enough clues to figure it all out, because Sam had used his Alpha voice power-thing—which makes it impossible for his pack members to disobey what he says—to prevent Jake from telling her.

This fuelled Bella's desire to figure it all out, of course, so she decided to confront Sam about 'what he did to Jacob' and how Jake 'didn't want any of this.'

I couldn't talk her out of it, and tagged along to try and keep the peace.

I'm proud to say that it sort of worked!

As soon as the truck had stopped, she was jumping out and rushing towards Sam—who was just standing around and chilling with Jared, Paul, and Embry—and starts shouting and yelling at Mr Alpha man.

Paul, being the temperamental person he is, gets defensive, believing Jacob has somehow managed to tell Bella the truth without his or Sam's knowledge.

Things escalate quickly, and Bella raises her hand when Paul and Jared start laughing about her assumption that Jacob is scared of them.

Now, don't get mad or upset or worried—I did what I did to keep Paul from shifting and possibly attacking my dear, dumbass twin.

I moved between them, like the valiant hero I am.
(Incredibly modest too, amirite?)
(I'm just trying to lighten the mood and make you smile, because I know you'll be a little upset about that little incident)

This kind of irked/angered all four shapeshifters, because—as you pointed out on my birthday—they love me dearly, and are quite protective of me knowing my history.

Paul was on a whole other level though, seeing as we're pretty damn close, I took the hit for him, and he's the most aggressive/temperamental/impulsive of the pack, and he started to shift.

And then I calmed him down a little, until he saw the little mark Bella left, and then became angrier than before.

He started shifting again, and Sam—being the smart Alpha he is—told us to back off.

So, we did. (Bella more than me)

My amazingness makes an appearance here, as I stayed between Paul and Bella and spoke to him, slowly calming him down and preventing his shift by coaching him to 'let the anger wash over him like water.'