Positively Good

"Spread love
everywhere you go.
Let no one
ever come to you
without leaving happier.
"
Mother Teresa

Sipping from her tea, Elle waits patiently for Bella to finish getting ready.
Charlie had decided to start going to work earlier, hoping to find the 'animal' responsible for Waylon's death, and prevent further deaths.

And all his younger daughter can do is hope for his safe return home at the end of each day.

A few minutes later, a car honks outside, and Elle, hearing her twin walking down the stairs, gulps down the rest of her tea before taking the piece of toast she'd buttered out the kitchen with her.

As soon as Bella is in her sights, Elle thrusts the slice of toast towards her, and demands, "Eat."

Rolling her eyes but doing as instructed, Bella wraps an arm around Elle's shoulders, asking, "Are you sure you're alright to go to school today?"

"With you and the Cullen clan at my side, of course I am," the younger girl responds as the two walk out the front door, Edward standing beside his silver Volvo, waiting for them.

Elle pauses, turning to lock the door while Bella waltzes towards the vampire to greet him.

"Does Bella know?" Elle whispers as she turns to face the car again, Edward's nod causing her to smile.

"That's good," Elle states as she moves towards them, her arms wrapping around the vampire's torso startling him as she says, "I'm glad you told her the truth, Eddie-boy."

As she pulls away from him, Elle's eyes turn calculating, "But just know, if you hurt her, it won't matter how much I like you as a person..."

Behind Elle, Bella flushes and starts stuttering, "Elle, that's not... Not necessary..."

Edward, on the other hand, smiles at the girl, and starts laughing, "I don't plan on hurting Bella. In any way."

"Awesome," Elle exclaims, "Any unexpected blood lust and you back away, you get it?"

"Understood ma'am," Edward nods, straightening his posture and saluting, trying to annoy the girl.
Surprising him, Elle grins, "Good to see you know who's in charge."

Before anyone can say anything else, Elle is sliding into the backseat of the Volvo, Bella looking between the two of them in confusion, "I didn't know you two got along so well. How long has Elle known?"

"Jasper told her on the way back from Port Angeles," Edward reveals as he motions for Bella to get into the car, "And, Elle gets along well with the whole family."

Within a few moments, the trio are on their way to school; and Elle is wondering about the reactions they'll receive when they arrive.

✯✯✯

Edward pulls into a parking spot, quickly climbing out and pulling his seat forward so that Elle can climb out.
After helping the younger Swan twin out, the vampire moves to the other side of his car and opens the passenger door for Bella.

As soon as the rest of the Cullen siblings spot Elle, they're walking towards her.

Rosalie is the first to reach Elle, and her arms are immediately thrown around the human in a loose embrace, surprising all that look on.

"How are you doing?" the blonde asks softly as she pulls away, "I heard about what happened in Port Angeles, and with your dad's friend."

"I've been better, but I've also been worse," Elle smiles with a shrug, Rosalie returning the smile before Alice appears in between the girls, throwing her arms around the human just as her adoptive sister had done moments earlier.