𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

A Girl Worth Fighting For // Chapter Seven
May 10th, 2020
2,175 words

This was a late update and I'm sorry. I just wanted this to be a little long chapter :')

Also, don't mind the little edit on the top. Just satisfying the gay love I have for Mulan.

᯽︎Your POV᯽︎

I look up from Khan's hair to see the snow. It's been a few hours since I returned to the men and we're still walking. At least, the men are. Shang, Chi Fu, and I are the only ones on horse.

I look to my side to see Ping. Hair fell from his high bun and landed down to his neck. He looked quite handsome with his hair down. And I was awestruck at the sight.

"Oh, you're up, Y/n." Ping says. His eyes were wide. He held his Jade ribbon in his hand and part of his hair with the other. I giggle. I probably scared him with my creepy looking.

"Yes. I'm sorry if I scared you." Ping shakes his hands, "You're just fine, Y/n. But I need a favor." I nod frantically, waiting impatiently for what Ping has to ask.

"Can you do my hair?" I nod, combing his hair through my hands. I even scratched his head using my nails. But I continued to gather all his hairs and tried my best to tame his baby ones and cupped it in my palm, tightening the hold with his Jade ribbon.

"There!" I smile. Ping took two steps and turned around, "Does it look alright?" I nod, "I have hair as well. I know how to tame it. No need to ask." I giggle. Ping raised a brow and smirked, "You're pretty confident."

I smile, "In an army of men, you need to be." Ping blushed and nodded, acknowledging my words and bites his lip.

I hear some shuffling in the cart that Khan pulled and out of nowhere, a rocket flies high in the air.

Shang runs to us with the help of his horse and I shiver as he yells at Ping.

"You just gave away our position!" Shang points. Ping stutters and I wave my hands, "It's not his fault!"

"What happened?!" Shang shouts at me. I jump back at his aggressiveness and then glare, "The rocket flew out if nowhere! You can blame me but Ping didn't do anything and neither did I!"

"Now we're-!" An arrow flies past us and I see Shang fly off his horse. I hop off Khan, "Brother!" I shout, now seeing very clearly that an arrow pierced his shoulder.

Ping ushers to Shang and I and we help pull him up from the snow. We hear many more war cries and Shang furiously pulls out the arrow from his body.

"Get out of range!!!" He shouts and we all run in different directions. Ping grabs my hand and we run to a rock. He leaves me there to catch up to Khan and as he pulls the horse to me, the cart he pulled is lit on fire.

"Save the cannons!"

The men form a line and do just as Shang orders. And I watch helplessly. Ping unhooks the cart to Khan and I whistle, getting the horse's attention to me. He runs to me and I see Ping fly over the snow from the explosion of the cart.

I hop back on Khan and get him to rub to Ping. "Ping, c'mon!" I shout. The man follows and hops on, sitting beside me and controlling the reins.

We head to Shang and the rest of the army where Ping hops off me. "I need you to run away, Y/n."

"No."

Shang turns around to face Ping and I. I glance at my brother but continue, "We're at war but that doesn't mean I can't help."