𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒏

A Girl Worth Fighting For // Chapter Ten
June 30th, 2020
1,201 words

Who shows more top energy? Mc or Mulan?

Lmao anyways,

We finished this book. This is the last chapter. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I loved writing it.

᯽︎Your POV᯽︎

I watched Mulan as she traveled farther and farther. Her body became small until I could no longer see it. And I miss her. I miss her so much.

Shang pat my shoulder and I smiled to all of men that fought for our country. We got on our own horses and I followed Shang back to our home. I'm so proud of Mulan, I am. But I just feel melancholic. Like I'm in solitary.

I feel so alone without her.

As we walked home, I sorrowfully tell my brother, "I'll prepare dinner." Shang shook his head and his horse stopped walking.

"No."

"But, I'm supposed to co-"

"I know you miss her and I know you want to see her again. So, go."

"But what about you?" I asked. "I'll be okay for the week. I'm going to help rebuild the Emperor's palace." I nod and when no one was looking, hugged Shang tightly after he slid off his horse. I got back on mine and went straight to Mulan.

᯽︎Timeskip - Mulan's POV᯽︎

I hesitated taking a step into my home. The door was open after Yao'er opened it. He grinned wide at me, "Mulan's back!" He shouts. I return the gesture with another smile and rub his hair, "Where is father?" I asked.

My little brother pointed behind us to the back door. I nod, patting his head and leaving to see our father. Before I meet him though, my mother and grandmother stood in the dining room. I felt their eyes on me as I walk past them to my father.

"Mom! Mulan's back!" My younger brother shouts. I hear my mom whisper, "Let her be, Yao'er. Your older sister went through a lot."

I exit the house and enter the back where I see my father sit on a bench in silence. I hesitated again, pondering on whether or not I approach him.

I straightened my posture and walked to my dad. He dropped a flower petal and gasps, "Mulan!"

I felt tears threaten me just hearing my father again. Ignoring that, I kneel to the floor and now, handing him the sword I held closely, "Father, I brought you the sword of Shan-Yu."

The said man takes it and stares at me in concern when I take the medallion off my neck, "and the crest of the Emperor." I said, "They're gifts to honor the Hua Family."

My father placed the sword to his side and in a blink, he hugged me tightly. His words made me cry, "The greatest gift and honor is having you for a daughter."

He wipes the tears I didn't even know fell and hugs me again, "I've missed you so."

"I've missed you too, Baba."

We hugged for some time. We sit back on the bench and my father places a flower in my hair. I look up at the tree and notice there wasn't a single bud in sight. All of the flowers bloomed while I've been gone.

The realization brought a smile to my face.

"What was it like, Mulan?" My father asked, interrupting my thoughts with words that only reminded me more of it.

"Difficult at first. But I met this girl." Reminiscing of Y/n brought even a wider smile. I'm sure my father notices this too as he raises a brow, "Her name is Li Y/n. Or Y/n. She was the only one who knew I could do it, Baba."

"She has my respect." My father gulps, looking down and placing a hand to his heart. He sighs and opens his mouth to say something until we hear, "Hua Mulan? Hua Zhou?"

"Yes?" I ask. Both my father and I look up and see Y/n who held my father's armor.

Well speak of the devil. Y/n's here at my home. Why?

I smile and stand up. So does my father. "Honourable Hua Zhou. I am honored to meet you." She bows to the elderly man and he looks at her sternly.

"I came to return your armor, Sir." She tells my father. He nods. "Hello, Y/n." I greet. "H-Wh-Oh, hello, Mulan."

Wow. She never stutters. It's rare to hear that from Ms. Brave, Stubborn head herself.

"Y/n, did you come here alone?" The said woman nods in embarrassment.

She's red!

"I had to return your armor. You left it in the palace and I'm pretty sure none of you wanted to lose it- It's pretty nice and respectful."

She rambled on and on. And I genuinely find it adorable. I awe at the girl and look up at my father who smirks.

"Y/n, would you care to stay for dinner? It's been a long trip." The woman blushes and looks up at the sky, "Would that be alright with your family? I don't want to-"

I smile and pull her sleeve in which she replies, "Dinner sounds nice."

After a shoulder pat from my father and dramatic gasps from my mother and grandmother, I leave with Y/n to a nearby pond, right underneath the dragon statue.

᯽︎Timeskip - Your POV᯽︎

"So, what's the real reason why you came back?" Mulan asks curiously. We sit on two rocks, looking down at the water. The water within the pond stays still, unmoving. But waterbugs swim in it.

Life must be easy for them.

I really don't know why I'm thinking about those tiny things.

"Y/n?"

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry." I apologize. I then answer, "It was to return your armor." Mulan remains unfazed. Was it not the truth?

Am I lying?

"Your nose is twitching, Y/n." Mulan giggles. She boops me and I blink.

"That's not the truth?" I ask. Mulan smiles and looks up at the sunny sky. No clouds in sight. Is that a metaphor?

So many things are going in my head. How do I answer?

"Well, you answer that yourself, Y/n. I'm curious." Mulan looks back down at me and I blush, avoiding gaze.

"Well, what were you thinking?" I ask.

Mulan thinks for a bit, looking down at the pond. I watch her and all I can think about is how beautiful her face looks. Gosh, she's beautiful everywhere.

Perfect body with or without armor. Perfect eyes with or without makeup. Heck, perfect person boy or girl.

"To be honest, I was thi-hoping that you came back for me. I don't know why I thought so. Maybe-" I hopped off my rock and walked up to her, grabbing Mulan's face in between my hands.

"Mulan, I think I like you." I confess.

I smash my lips on the woman and half-expected a slap to the face. Instead, arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer. I pull my face away with surprise.

With eyes full of honesty, Mulan responds.

"I think I love you too, Y/n.