𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

A Girl Worth Fighting For // Chapter
June 13th, 2020
2,917 words

2k views? Thank you so much, lovelies! I'm so happy all of you women are reading this book. And a lot of you enjoy it! All I wanted was to satisfy our love for Mulan and I wanna cry seeing how much you really like this book. Thank you (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')

᯽︎Your POV᯽︎

Music blared throughout the Imperial City. Shang and I were riding our horses through the parade. In front of us were talented acrobats doing their wondrous things. Had I been worrying about Mulan this whole time, I would've enjoyed the parade and recognition.

Chi-Fu rode behind us and behind him were the rest of Shang's army. Well, most of them. The core part of this parade isn't even here to celebrate. And she's the one who gave us the reason to celebrate.

I can hear the lion dancers behind us but I paid no attention. Instead, I listen to the parade leader who shouts, "Make way for the heroes of China!"

Cheers and claps and shouts and more surrounded and crowded our ears. So much so that I grew a headache.

I can feel my brother's eyes on me and I turn my head to look.

"What?"

Shang didn't even muster a sound. Or ... He probably did. The parade music is too loud for me to know.

"We're going to the Emperor. Behave when we're there." Shang avoided his stare and looked ahead where the parade leader grinned wide and gestured to us.

I mumbled a slur and looked away as well. Only to see a black stallion heading our direction. The horse looked familiar and when observing the rider, I knew why.

Mulan!

The woman rode horseback, running at our way. Khan stopped abruptly beside me. I smiled wide, looking into Mulan's eyes. She smiled as well until her face went blank only a few seconds after.

"Y/n, where is Shang?" Mulan asked me. I looked around only to find him farther than the rest of his soldiers. "He's... There. Beside the dragon." Mulan nods.

"Listen, Y/n. The Huns are still alive. Only a few of them survived the avalanche and they're heading over here quickly. I need you to leave." I gasped at Mulan's warning. But I quickly regained composure.

"I'd expect you to know me better. I'm not leaving you again, Mulan. I'm fighting with you." Mulan nods, "You're too stubborn."

"But alright. I need you to stay with the men. I'll see you soon, Y/n." I nod at Mulan's words. She whipped her reins and headed towards Shang.

I looked behind me to see Yao, Chien Po, Ling, and the rest. If we weren't in the parade, I'd tell them straight away. But I knew that would've threatened Shang's position.

I sigh. The three men looked at me and I gestured to Mulan in which their faces lit up in delight.

I'll let them know soon.

᯽︎Shang's POV᯽︎

My sister is foolish. She's fallen in love with a man who turned out to be a woman this whole time. Yes, she proved me wrong with her morals. But I can't help but question her. She chose an exiled woman over her older brother. And she's only known Mulan for a few weeks.

I don't mind their relationship. But why? Why must Y/n choose her? She's my sister. And I love her. And I'm only like this because I don't want her hurt. Especially since Mulan ran away. I don't doubt that she'd take Y/n from our home and run away with her too.