Part 5 - Underwater Negotiations

EXT. ALDERAAN LAKE - UNDERWATER

Obi-Wan swim behind Ackbar, who is very much at home in the water. Down they swim into murky depths. In the distance the glow of Otoh Gunga, an underwater city made up of large bubbles, becomes more distinct.

They approach the strange, art nouveau habitat. JAR JAR swims magically through one of the bubble membranes, which seals behind him. Obi-Wan follows.

INT. OTOH GUNGA - CITY SQUARE

Mon Calamaries in the square scatter when they see the strange Jedi.

GIAL ACKBAR
It is so good to be home.

Ackbar and the Obi-Wan walk a little further as a Mon Calamari, CAPTAIN TARPALS, armed with a long electro-pole rides up on a two-legged KAADU into the square.

CAPTAIN TARPALS
Hey you, stop there.

He then, see Ackbar.

CAPTAIN TARPALS
General Ackbar, I am honored to see you again, but if Boss Nass finds out, he'll execute you, please sir, go back.

GIAL ACKBAR
Thank you, Captain. But my work with Nass is different this time.

Another GUARD comes up on KAADU armed with an electro-pole and gives Ackbar a slight zap with his power pole.

CAPTAIN TARPALS
I'm sorry, sir.

GIAL ACKBAR
There is no need for that, my friend.

Ackbar jumps and moves off, followed by Obi-Wan.

INT. OTOH GUNGA - HIGH TOWER BOARD ROOM

The Bosses' Board Room has bubble walls, with small lighted fish swimming around outside like moving stars. A long circular judge's bench filled with MON CALAMARI OFFICIALS dominates the room. Obi-Wan and Ackbar stand facing BOSS NASS, a fat and short Mon Calamari who sits on a bench higher than the others.

BOSS NASS
Gial Ackbar, I thought throwing you out of the city would teach you lesson. Now, I see, I should have executed you when I had the chance.

GIAL ACKBAR
Your orders were incorrect and I disobeyed. But now, I am here for something else, that's all.

BOSS NASS
I see . . .
(To Obi-Wan)
You cannot be here, human. This city isn't build for your kind. Go back to your city!

Obi-Wan take one step and then, bows.

OBI-WAN
Accept my apology, your highness. But, my business is from the Jedi Order.

BOSS NASS
Well, that's not my problem. Your kind suffered us to much.

OBI-WAN
That clone army is about to attack the Alderaan. We must warn them.

BOSS NASS
I don't like Alderaanian people. They think they are so big brained and we are fools.

OBI-WAN
Once those droids take control of the surface, they will take control of you.

BOSS NASS
I don't think so. First, they need to find here.

OBI-WAN
You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to one of you will affect the other. You must understand this.

BOSS NASS
I don't care about the Alderaan.

QUI-GON
(waves his hand)
Then speed us on our way. We could use a transport.

BOSS NASS
I speed you on your way. You could use a transport.

Obi-Wan notice Ackbar in chains to one side, waiting to hear his verdict.

OBI-WAN
I'll need a navigator to get me through the planet's core. This Mon Calamari may be a help.
(Waves his hand)
I have saved his life. He owes me what you call a "life.debt." Your gods demand that his life belongs to me now.

Boss Nass sighs.

BOSS NASS
Begone with him.

OBI-WAN
Thank you for your help. We leave in peace.

EXT. ALDERAAN - UNDERWATER

A strange little submarine propels itself away from the Otoh Gunga, leaving the glow of the settlement in the distance.

INT. SUB COCKPIT - UNDERWATER

Obi-Wan in the co-pilots seat, Ackbar guides the craft.

OBI-WAN
Why were you banished, Ackbar?

Ackbar grins.

GIAL ACKBAR
This a long tale, but the small part of it is . . . I refused the orders and exiled.

OBI-WAN
You were banished because you disobeyed?

He didn't say anythinh. Ackbar veers the craft to the left and turns the lights on. The coral vistas are grand, fantastic, and wondrous. As the little sub glides into the planet core, a large dark shape begins to follow.

GAIL ACKBAR
I was a general in the city, but sometimes Nass orders were too confusing and crutial. So, I refused the orders and they banned me for that.

OBI-WAN
How familiar story it is. You are a powerful and cunning warrior, Ackbar. You must be proud of yourself.

GIAL ACKBAR
Thanks, Jedi. But a soldier without his people and city, is nothing.

Suddenly there is a loud CRASH, and the little craft lurches to one side. Obi-Wan looks around and sees a huge, luminous OPEE SEA KILLER has hooked them with its long gooey tongue.

GIAL ACKBAR
Oh, No. It is a Opee see killer!

Suddenly an even larger monster has attacked the OPEE SEA KILLER.

OBI-WAN
There's always a bigger fish.

As the sub zooms away they see a larger set of jaws, munching on the hapless KILLER. The jaws belong to the incredible SANDO AQUA MONSTER. The lights on the tiny sub begin to flicker as they cruise deeper into the gloom.

CUT TO: