Part 10 - Jabba's Palace

CUT TO:

INT. JABBA'S PALACE - THRONE ROOM

The throne room is filled with the vilest, most grotesque CREATURES ever conceived in the universe.

INT. JABBA’S PALACE – MAIN HALL

Noisily, the main gate lifts to flood the blackness with blinding LIGHT and reveal the silhouetted figure of Obi-Wan, behind him is Goro, Nelith and Ackbar. Goro strides purposefully into the hallway, the others follow him. Two giant guards move to block their path.

Walking toward them out of the darkness is Bib Fortuna, a humanlike alien with long tentacles protruding from his skull.

BIB FORTUNA (in-Huttese)
Why are you here?

GORO
I brought some dealers who need some Quanallium parts from Corellian and Nubian.

BIB FORTUNA (in-Huttese)
Quallanium?

Bib thinks about this for a moment. Then, Bib gestures for the group to follow. The group follow the tall, tentacled alien into the darkness, trailed by the two guards.

INT. JABBA'S PALACE - THRONE ROOM

Light shafts partially illuminate the drunken courtiers as Bib Fortuna crosses the room to the platform upon which rests the leader of this nauseating crowd: JABBA THE HUTT. The monarch of the galactic underworld is a repulsive blob of bloated fat with a maniacal grin. Bib whispers something in the slobbering degenerate’s ear. 

Jabba looked at Obi-Wan and speaked in his native language, a protocol droid started translating for him.

PROTOCOL DROID
The great Jabba wants to know why you need those Quallanium parts.

Obi-Wan steps forward and remove his hood.

OBI-WAN
I am Jedi Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Many in the palace reacted in this with a surprise.

OBI-WAN (CONT.)
I am on a ungrent mission from Jedi Council. There is a massage that must be delivered to Coruscant. Our ship crashed to this planet and we need to repair it. For that, we need those Quallanium parts.

Jabba turns and speak with Bib. Then, Protocol droid addresses Obi-Wan.

PROTOCOL DROID
Jabba wants to know what's on it for him. He doesn't work free.

OBI-WAN
I have 20,000 Republic dataries.

Jabba the Hutt starts to laugh too load.

JABBA THE HUTT (in-Huttese)
Republic credits?!? Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real...

Then, the protocol droid translate it.

OBI-WAN
I don't have anything else.
(raising his hand)
But credits will do fine.

JABBA THE HUTT (in-Huttese)
No they won'ta.

Obj-Wan, using his mind power, waves his hand again.

OBI-WAN
Credits will do fine.

BIB FORTUNA
Credits will do fine.

Jabba gets shocked and looks at Bib.

JABBA THE HUTT (in-Huttese)
What!?

He then, looks at Obi-Wan and starts to yell at him.

PROTOCOL DROID
The great Jabba wants to know what happened to his advisor.

Obi-Wan, Ackbar and Nelith looks at each other. They couldn't believe that someone resisted the Jedi mind trick.
Jabba figure out what happened and laughs.

JABBA THE HUTT (in-Huttese)
This is some kind of Jedi tricks. Do you think I am weak-minded, Jedi?

Jabba the fix his tone.

JABBA THE HUTT (in-Huttese)
I wish no harm with the Republic or the Jedi Order. So, you shall remain herr until you pay me something.

Then, four Gamorean guards, helding young Anakin Skywalker enters the hall and throws Anakin in the ground.

JABBA THE HUTT (in-Huttese)
Anakin, you have some new houseguests!

Obi-Wan's attention was drawn to the slave. Anakin raise on his feet and looks at the group.

ANAKIN
Follow me.

CUT TO: