Part 8 - Tatooine

EXT. TATOOINE - PLANET SURFACE - DAY

The ship enters the planet atmosphere and looses power. It falls and collapses on the ground. Some of the major parts of the ship were safe.

INT. ALDERAAN SPACECRAFT - COCKPIT

Everyone returns to their feet as we hear a woman screams.

NELITH
(Screaming)
Jeremoch!

The pilot, Jeremoch was in the ground, he was dead.

OBI-WAN
Sorry, your highness. But . . . His gone.

Nelith angrily walked away from the Jedi. Obi-Wan looked at the body of Jeremoch.

OBI-WAN
May the force be with him.

Captain Antilles takes a deep breath in frustration.

CUT TO:

INT. ROYAL PALACE - CONFERENCE ROOM - DAY

Nunte and Rune sit around a conference table with a hologram of Darth Sidious.

NUTE GUNRAY
We control all the cities in the North and are searching for any other settlements...

DARTH SIDIOUS
Destroy all high-ranking officials, Viceroy... slowly... quietly. And the royal family, has they signed the treaty?

NUTE GUNRAY
The princess has disappeared, My Lord. One Naboo cruiser got pat the blockade.

DARTH SIDIOUS
Viceroy, find her! I want that treaty signed.

NUTE GUNRAY
My Lord, it's impossible to locate the ship. It's out of our range.

DARTH SIDIOUS
...not for a Sith... aware my apprentice about this.

NUTE GUNRAY
Yes, my lord.

CUT TO:

INT. ALDERAAN SPACECRAFT - COCKPIT

Obi-Wan and Ric Olliê were checking the hyperspace genetaror.

OBI-WAN
The Hyperdrive generator is gone. We will need a new one. There is a spaceport near here. I'll go there to buy a new generator.

NELITH
I'll come with you.

OBI-WAN
No, your highness. This spaceport is not going to be pleasant...

NELITH
I've been trained in defense... I can take care of myself.

OBI-WAN
I don't have time to argue. But this is not a good idea.

NELITH
It wasn't a request. The fate of my homeworld depends on our success. So, I'm going in town with you.

Obi-Wan sighs.

OBI-WAN
Fine. Stay close to me.

CAPTAIN ANTILLES
We'll stay here, protecting the ship.

GIAL ACKBAR
I'll come with you too.

OBI-WAN
Okay, let's go.

Nelith smiles.

CUT TO:

EXT. TATOOINE - PODRACE ZONE - DAY

The crowd cheers as the racers flew past them in a blur, completing the first lap. A young and handsome man, around 19 near 20, known as a slave were there.

CUT TO:

INT. JABBA'S PALACE - CELLS

The slave thrown into a cell. His head banged against the ground. The cell was cold and dark and puddles of water littered the stone floor. He had been escorted by two GAMOREAN guards. The cell door closed.

As he was picking himself off the ground, BIB FORTUNA, Jabba's right-hand appeared in front of cell door.

BIB FORTUNA
(In-Huttese)
I warned you, boy. You won again in the race and made Jabba angry. Also, you disagreed to race for him. He will punish you so hard!

He then, leaves. The slave sits on the ground and place his head on his hands, sighs.

SLAVE
(To himself)
Damn it!

The cell had a small barred window on the door to allow a pick inside.

VOICEHMI
Anakin?

Anakin looked over then window and saw his mother, SHMI SKYWALKER.

ANAKIN
Mother!

He run to the window and tried to embrace his mother, who was aged and seemed to be ill. Shmi started to cry.

SHMI
What did they do to you!

ANAKIN
Don't worry about me, mom.
(A beat)
Where is Owen?

SHMI
In the cantina, talking to mayor, trying to free you.

ANAKIN
This is my fault. I won again. They said next time they come for you. Maybe I must race for that moving lizard.

SHMI
Anakin. You know that's not true. They need you. They will not kill you or me, because they know killing me would hurt you feelings and ruin your racing spirit. You are their star. That's what keeps me alive, my dear.

ANAKIN
I hope I never entered this podracing thing.

SHMI
Don't worry, son. They need you not only for podrace, but for their droid repairing shop. You are one of their important stars.

ANAKIN
I don't want to lose you, mom.

CUT TO: