Chapter 6

Today was Lucia's birthday.

The party doesn't start until 6 pm and it was still early in morning. With the clothes and gifts prepared, all Dianna needs to do now was wait.

So, Dianna sat at the living room, watching a replay of her favorite show when it was abruptly stopped to make way for an important news report

"This just in, Governor of Ambrose City Robert Newton was charged with plunder. The governor was allegedly stealing public funds for supposed government projects and was using it to support his wife's businesses and his two son's education fees. Other reports state that Newton also used public funds to provide expensive gifts to his two mistresses-"

Eris walked into the room upon hearing the name of one of her former masters. With a sly smile on her face, she continued to watch the downfall of one of his former masters. Nothing like seeing a scumbag like him get what he deserves.

"Well that's a surprise. I thought this dude was a good one since he won the elections by a landslide" commented Dianna as she stretched her legs on the sofa

"That's because he cheated" Eris revealed, flopping down next to Dianna, "Most politicians do anyway, they all play dirty. It's not surprisingly"

Dianna looked at Eris, intrigued by her statement, "How did you know he cheated?"

Eris nonchalantly answered, her attention still on the TV, "Because I did the cheating for him since he owned me once upon a time"

Dianna's eyes widen with surprise, "He used to be your master? Really? What's he like?"

"Like an average-looking man in a position of power. Nice and clean in the public eye, materialistic, horny dirt bag in the shadows"

Eris recalled the times she spent with Newton, a master she specifically chose because he was considered to be "a great candidate." She wanted to see if he really was.

And like what Eris expected, he isn't.

Robert Newton won the elections, not by "landslide" votes but by cheating and Eris did the cheating for him, although he initially had no idea about it.

It was his first wish, to win the election. Eris had to make it come true one way or another, and if it means cheating her way into getting Newton that governorship, then so be it.

Eventually, Newton found out but instead of stopping Eris, he turned a blind eye and did absolutely nothing which led to him easily winning the election.

Once again, Eris witnessed another seemingly good man be eaten away by greed and power. Newton was, true enough, a good candidate at first. He knew all of his stuff and had done good things to back him up when he was still in a lower position. But once he got into power, that's when things went south. He abused his power, the poor became poorer and his rich friends became richer but because he had such a good reputation, many didn't believe his crimes, some even continuously showed support.

Eris was still with him when he started his affairs with different women behind his loving wife's back and finally left when he started pocketing large amounts of public funds. It was his final wish after all, to have an endless source of money, and it was granted.

Eris planned it herself. A scheme to get money from the public funds, so elaborate and perfect, it would be near impossible to investigate. She gave Newton the instructions and promised him that he will never get caught just as long as he follows it.

And it worked, the plan was foolproof. The only way Newton could end up in prison is if Eris revealed the elaborate scheme behind it.

And Eris did exactly that, after blackmailing him for money.