Chapter 13

It was a bright early morning and Eris just got on a plane headed to Carnelian City.

As she took her seat and got comfy, her thoughts went back to the conversation she had last night with Dianna after she won her little manipulation game with the mortal woman

"Your wish is my command... Now, do you know which city they possibly moved to?"

"Our old neighbor mentioned Carnelian City but she wasn't sure. It's been years, they could be living anywhere"

"Well then I'll head tomorrow morning to Carnelian City and start from there" Eris took her phone and googled the location of the city and ways to get there

"Wait a second Eris" Dianna said, clearly hesitant, "How about we plan this first?"

Eris turned to her and crossed her arms, in no way she plan to delay this, time is very crucial at this point.

"Or maybe we can do it early next year? Christmas is only two weeks away, and if worse comes to worst, I might end up ruining their holidays and-"

"Dianna, you already made this wish, there's no going back or even delaying this" Eris interjected, showing the girl a reassuring smile, "Everything's gonna be fine, trust me"

Dianna looked at Eris's calm expression and all her doubts instantly melted away, "Okay Eris. I trust you..."

"Dianna trust me so much now while I'm just blatantly lying to her face" Eris scoffed and looked out the window, "What do you know, I guess I still have some guilt left in me after all"

After arriving in Carnelian City with only a small bag pack in tow, Eris quickly headed to the city municipal office, it's a good place as any to know if there is a guy named Hector Arias living here.

"Well miss, it's not that easy to look for a person with just their first and last name. This city is quite big, there's a lot of "Hector Arias" registered in our system, dead and alive" said the man behind the front desk, staring at his computer screen

"I'm quite aware this is gonna be one hell of search but I promised a very good friend of mine that I'll help her find her brother" answered Eris, "so please, a little help would be appreciated"

The front desk man was clearly still very unwilling to help Eris, he is in no way going to waste time searching their system for a fairly common name and besides it's almost his break time

"Maybe you can come back next time, when you have more information about him, like maybe a street name, or something" the man said, checking his watch "It'll make the search much easier"

Eris raised a brow and was growing quite impatient and annoyed by the man's actions. She pulled out her phone and  two 100 dollars out of her pocket.

"Can you at least narrow down the list? Around the age bracket of 20-30 years old? those who applied for a change of voter registration? give me anything that could make this search a bit easier"

"Hmm, I could do that but that's still gonna be a whole lot of people"

Concealing her annoyance, Eris moved closer to the desk and subtly threw the two 100 dollar bills in sight of the front desk man

"Since the only thing you're actually gonna do is move your fingers to type words on that computer of yours, maybe that will help move things a bit faster"

The man swiftly took the money and hid it in his hands and then readjusted his seat, "Alright since you're persistent about this, I'll print out a list of addresses"