Chapter 8

It's been a few days now and Dianna still hasn't got the guts to bring up that being human thing to Eris and curiosity is tightly biting her in the butt.

She talks with Eris constantly, before work and more so when she gets home. They talked about so many random things, like the travels Eris had to different parts of the world in different types of transportation. Her encounter with a drunk, scruffy-looking young Vincent Van Gogh, how she once had tea with Amelia Earhart when she was still learning how to fly a plane, and how she watched the Apollo 11 moon landing live in her living room.

Dianna talked to Eris about everything they could talk about but not the thing she wanted to talk to her about.

"Why do I even need to know anyway?" Dianna pondered to herself as she stepped out of the shower, with only a towel wrapped around her body, "It's not like I'll gain something from it right?"

Dianna sighed as she pulled out some pajamas from her drawer.

"I really want to know..." Dianna spoke, "I want to know more about her..."

Dianna was still deep in her thoughts when she suddenly heard knocking on her door

"Hey Dianna!" Eris shouted from outside the Dianna's bedroom door

Dianna quickly answered back, "Y-yeah, what is it?"

"I'm gonna take a walk outside for a bit! Just wanted to let you know"

Eris was about to walk away but was abruptly stopped by the bedroom door Dianna suddenly opened, "you're going out? But its 11 pm" Dianna asked, still wrapped in her towel and with still wet hair flowing down her shoulder

She knew she shouldn't but Eris couldn't help but stare. Dianna's near bare body was indeed a sight of beauty.

"Eris?"

Eris snapped out of her trance upon hearing her name, "huh? Y-yeah?"

"I said, where are you going?"

"Oh. Um, nowhere, I just wanted to walk around and enjoy the night scenery" Eris replied, subtly looking away "And don't worry, I'm not going to ditch you, if that's what you're thinking"

"That's the least of my worries you dummy. This city is generally safe but there are still some people out there who might do something bad to you"

"Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that" Eris scoffed and pointed at herself, "I'm kind of unkillable here so"

Dianna bowed her head out of embarrassment, "Oh, right."

Eris somewhat felt glad that Dianna still worries about her safety despite knowing well she can't be harmed.

"Thanks for worrying about me Dianna, even though you don't need to"

Dianna surprised at the sudden thanks, quickly looked up and caught Eris smiling at her and in an instant, her face quickly turned bright red, "...no problem"

"Then I'll be going, I'll see you in the morning"

Dianna smiled, "Yeah...good night."

And with that, Eris left the apartment while Dianna closed the door behind her and placed a hand over her fast beating heart, "Tomorrow. I'll make an effort to get to know her better"

o-o-o-o-o

It was the middle of the night and Eris sat at the bench in the empty city park, staring at the same vast star-filled night sky she's seen so many times. Thoughts lost in the memories of her first life, her human life, her life with her.