Chapter 7

It was a bright but cold morning. Eris walked around the living room, stretching out her arms, she doesn't need to sleep but boy does sleep feel so good.

Flopping down on the sofa, Eris quietly stared at the ceiling, thinking to herself. The world outside was noisy but the room remained quiet and calm. It's comforting.

"This is a tiny living space and yet she made it home-y. She's really something else"

Eris then remembered that little event that happened during Lucia's party a week ago. She's been acting nonchalantly about it and so was Dianna. But it was running through her mind ever since it happened.

In that moment, while Dianna was in her arms, how close she was to Dianna's body and how her heart beat fast as her eyes locked with hers. It reminded her of the once raw emotions she had for a special woman in her former life but with it, came all pain and hurt she felt because of her.

And Eris doesn't want to feel that same hurt ever again, and if it means also giving up the possibility of love, then so be it.

Eris's eyes wandered around more until she noticed Dianna's work shoes were still by the door. It's past 10 am on a Wednesday; Dianna should've been at work an hour ago.

"Hmm...I wonder what happened" Eris stood and made her way to Dianna's bedroom.

After a few unanswered knocks, "I'm coming in!" Eris slowly opened the door

Eris walked to the bed to find Dianna rolled inside her thick blanket, in a fetus-like position, tightly grabbing her lower abdomen

"Hey weird-looking human burrito, is everything alright?"

Dianna groaned, head under the covers "...No. Satan's waterfall just arrived and it has sharks in it"

Eris can't help but laugh at Dianna's description, "Alright that explains it. You called work?"

"I texted a co-worker and asked to tell our manager that I'm not going in today because my uterus is being pummeled by tiny jackhammers and I can barely get out of bed" answered Dianna, "Hopefully he learned sex ed in school and will understand my situation"

Eris stared at the hot mess in pain and knew what she needed to do. Without saying a word, she left the room.

Dianna continued to grab onto her painful abdomen as she listened to the slight ruckus coming from outside her bedroom. Usually she's the one making the noise but damn it, being a woman sucks during periods.

After a short while, Eris came back and with a bowl of cereal, two medicine tablets, a glass of water and a hot compress.

Eris placed the tray of items on the bedside table and sat next to Dianna, "Alright burrito, please pop your head and arms out of the blanket and sit properly"

Dianna pulled the blanket from her face and turned to Eris, "you brought me breakfast?"

Eris nodded, "I brought you some other stuff too" then carefully took the bowl of cereal, "now, woman up for a while, power through the pain and eat this"

Dianna, despite the overwhelming pain, managed to sit up and took the bowl from Eris. After finishing her cereal, Eris handed her the medicine and the glass of water which she readily drank.

"Alright, now lie back down and pull down your shorts"

Dianna turned to her, looking slightly embarrassed, "...What?"

"So I could put the hot compress on your abdomen"

"Oh. Right."

As told, Dianna powered through the pain and gently laid back down and pulled her shorts slightly lower, showing the bare skin of her abdomen. Eris gently laid the hot compress on her and lightly put pressure on it.