Chapter 19

After Eris and Dianna decided to end things between them, Eris left Emerald City a month later and found herself travelling afar to Topaz City to forget and try to move on but she was once again reminded of her cursed fate when she felt pain again. And so, she searched for her next master.

Eris easily found her next master in a small town. A man in his 40's who was usually accused of being a skillful thief but was never caught. The first master she had after her separation with Dianna.

Eris went back to her usual charade of being a masked genie. At first, it went as usual. She wore her mask and managed to convince the man she was a genie on their late night encounter, and soon enough, Eris was in waiting to grant his three wishes but it seemed that Eris's cruel and evil past started to come to surface.

"Why did you do this to me?! I only stole! I never hurt people and I didn't do anything to you!"

From destroying his family and causing them to leave him, to destroying his reputation and finally this, getting him blamed and thrown into prison for murder, a crime he didn't commit. He was punished worse than the bad deed he had done.

Eris froze as the realization hit her like a ton of bricks. She had done everything in her power to make this man's life as miserable as she can, using the wishes he made against him. She wanted to make others feel the misery she was feeling, like she had always done hundreds of years ago before she even met Dianna or Margaret, back when she was still a powerful queen.

And so Eris stood outside the prison cell, staring at the man she never met before, weeping in despair because he unfortunately became the target of a cursed immortal's wrath after her own fate didn't happen in her favor

"What have I done...?"

It was the full realization Eris needed and soon she realized that for the longest time she was blaming everything and everyone for the decisions she made that caused her the life she was living now.

Perhaps that was also the reason that pushed Margaret to do what she had done...

"...because of my cruelty, greed and selfishness, I caused so much despair to everyone around me. I was an unworthy queen, and became a person unworthy of love..."

From then on, Eris decided to change for the better, to make up for her past sins and...

"One day, we'll meet again Dianna, and this time, I'll be worthy of myself and of you"

o-o-o-o-o

After making sure her former master was released from prison, Eris once again left and travelled to different places but this time, she stayed true to what she promised herself, to change for the better.

From choosing bad people and purposely getting in trouble afterwards as a way to punish them, Eris began to choose people who she thinks need help and those who deserve leisure in their lives, big or small.

From a student who wants a new laptop to help her study pass her college entrance exams, to an elderly man who wants his noisy neighbor to move away and wants to own land big enough for his pets, to a woman who wants to be separated from his emotionally abusive husband, to a shy boy who just wants a bicycle and new books. She had met many people in different places and helped in ways she can without negatively affecting anyone else.

And in between masters, she would help out other people in need without asking anything in return.

A lot has happened in the past three years, and in those three years, Eris saw with her own eyes how one small act of goodness can be the start of good chain reaction.