Chapter 20

Leaves changed hues from green to yellow, the sun from shining strong and bright to cool and mild in the calm streets of Opal City.

"Here you go" Eris placed the box of the most recent and expensive gaming console on the table, "your second wish"

"Oh sweet!" a boy in his early teens exclaimed happily, grabbing the box, "Thanks genie! I wanted this for so long but didn't ask my mom for it because I know we can't afford it"

"You're welcome" Eris replied, a small smile showing, "and your third wish?"

The boy thought for a bit until his expression changed from a deep ponder to a sure smile

"I have my third wish!" he said with confidence, "I wish that my mom gets a stable job that earns enough so she doesn't have to worry about bills anymore"

Eris had known about this family's financial struggles, hence why she chose this boy but as far as his first two wishes goes, it doesn't really help them in the long run so she was glad to hear this third wish was for his mother

"Alright, your wish is my command"

A teenage boy who loves playing games and a son who loves his mother very much. two sides of the same coin.

It was another perspective Eris had learned to understand over the years. Yes, people do still have things they want for themselves and that's okay. It doesn't automatically make them a selfish person as long as putting their needs first isn't always their choice.

She had to learn to trust that the masters she'll pick have it in them to not be blinded by these wishes and to not always make the selfish choice, and so far she's doing great at choosing these kinds of people.

o-o-o-o-o

After hearing her young master's wish, Eris knew exactly where to go to make this happen. A short trip later, Eris found herself inside a familiar office room

"Haven't seen your face in a while"

Eris turned to the source and saw Lauren smiling cheekily at her by the doorway

"Come here, you owe me a dozen hugs!" She exclaimed as she made her way towards her long time friend

Eris chuckled and gave her close friend a tight hug. She then proceeded to tell Lauren her situation, hopeful that she could lend a hand. Lauren is quite the business woman, and has created her own empire. Besides owning an advertisement agency, she also owns quite a few establishments around the city.

"I would love to help, we single moms need to stick together!" Lauren exclaimed after hearing Eris's story about the teenage boy and his mother

"Thank you so much Lauren, this will help them a lot"

After chatting and catching up on months long of stories, Lauren excused herself as she was scheduled to meet a new client. Eris bid goodbye with a promise of meeting Lauren and her daughter for lunch sometime and another thank you for helping out before leaving the office.

The number 9 flashed on the small screen and counted down as the elevator descended. Ground floor and Eris stepped off, happy and ready to give the paperwork to her master, so his mother could start work tomorrow.

Eris was headed to the main door when she got a glimpse of a familiar face passing by and as if second nature, she immediately went to see her

Dianna stepped into the empty elevator but before the door completely closed, it started to open again and on the other side stood Eris