Chapter 2

The Weasleys

It was already the last week of the summer holidays and only two days were left until school starts for Venus

It was already the last week of the summer holidays and only two days were left until school starts for Venus. The girl was more than ready to leave her aunt's house as she was supposed to meet with the Weasleys at the Leaky Cauldron where the family would stay for the last night of the holidays. She had heard from Mrs Figg that Harry Potter had run away from the Dursleys, after blowing up his aunt, Marge, a sight that Venus wished she could have seen. She could only hope that Harry was safe and would join her and the Weasleys at the Leaky Cauldron.

The Weasleys had not yet arrived when she set her foot in the Leaky Cauldron in the early morning of the last day of the holidays. A man, looking in his early forties helped her with her luggage that she was struggling with given the fact that it was packed with all of her things for the upcoming year at school. She learned that Harry had been staying there ever since he had run away, although it seemed like he was off to somewhere before she arrived since he was not there when she came. Soon, a flurry of voices were heard and Venus rushed out of her assigned room, that she would be sharing with Hermione Granger, Harry's best friend and her friend. As she expected, the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione had just arrived.

Mr Weasley was talking to Harry, Hermione and Ron about Sirius Black, an escaped prisoner from Azkaban. She knew of the man, of course. His face was all over the Daily Prophet and other wizarding newspapers. Mrs Figg had told her to be very careful since this man was supposedly a mass muggle murderer. Mrs Weasley, hands full of shopping bags, no doubt her children's school items, was making her way inside, followed by the Weasley twins, Fred and George who were about to start their fifth year at Hogwarts like herself, Percy who had just been elected Head Boy as she was informed by the twins and the youngest Weasley, Ginny. The youngest muttered a quick hello to Harry and rushed over to Venus.

"Venus!" Ginny exclaimed. Venus pulled the younger girl into a hug and ruffled her hair. The latter was like a little sister to her.

"So, you like Harry?" She whispered to the little girl whose face quickly became red again and walked away while Venus chuckled at her.

"She gets a hug and we don't?"

Turning around, the twins were grinning at her, making her smile as well as she pulled the two in a group hug. She had missed them. Ever since they had become friends, which was in first year, Venus had gotten used to spending most of her holidays with them, be it Christmas holidays or the summer holidays. This year, Mr Weasley had won a lottery and decided to take his family on vacation to Egypt where the Weasleys' eldest son, Bill was working as a curse breaker. Therefore, she was forced to spend her holidays at her aunt's house.

"Harry. How nice to see you." Percy held out his hand as though it was the first time he was meeting the dark haired boy. Venus held back a laugh at the boys exchange.

"I hope you're well?" Percy asked, rather pompously.

"Very well, thanks-"

"Harry!" Fred exclaimed, mocking Percy and bowed, "simply splendid to see you, old boy-"

"Marvellous," George said and seized Harry's hand in turn.

"Absolutely spiffing," Venus added and curtsied. Percy scowled at the trio.

While Mrs Weasley reprimanded the twins for mocking Percy, she and Harry were catching up on the recent events that occurred in their lives, including the incident about Harry's aunt. Of course, Mrs Weasley would not tell her anything even though she was making fun of Percy too. She always seemed to think that the twins were at fault for being a bad influence on Venus, although the latter did not quite think like that. To her, the twins were practically geniuses to be able to think of and pull off their pranks, though she too had a hand in it.

After a marvelous dinner that night, Venus found herself in the twins' room instead of her own.

"So what is it that you wanted to tell us, Vee?" Venus grinned before showing them the diary.

"This diary will be our legacy boys. I found this little treasure while looking through my parents' belongings. It's full of marvelous pranks and jinxes! My mother might have been a genius."

The twins shuffled through the pages of the said diary and then looked up at her, similar grins on their faces.

"Wicked."