Chapter 1

Author's Note : The chapter starts in Book 3: Prisoner of Azkaban. Venus is in her fifth year now.

R.D.P

Venus hated to spend her summer holidays at her aunt's house

Venus hated to spend her summer holidays at her aunt's house. The only friend she had at Little Whinging was Harry Potter, the boy who was not allowed to set a foot outside the house, courtesy of the Dursleys. She was bored. She had completed her homework in the very first week of the holidays which was quite a Ravenclaw thing to do as would say the Weasley twins.

She first met the Weasleys at King's Cross. Molly Weasley had helped her get onto Platform 9 3/4 when Mrs Figg had left her alone at the train station. She sat with the Weasley twins on the train and that was where they became best friends. The three would always be seen together, except when they had separate classes or when they were in their common rooms. Much to Mrs Figg's surprise, Venus was sorted in Ravenclaw. Although her aunt did not reveal to her why she was so shocked, Venus had her suspiscions. After all, the sorting hat did tell her that she would make a great Slytherin like her mother but she could also make a brave Gryffindor like her father, which left her to wonder how her mother was, to have been in Slytherin yet married to a Gryffindor.

Currently, Venus was rummaging through boxes in the store room of the house, wondering if she would find something useful or interesting. Perhaps a good book, she thought. She had finished reading the books she owned as well as the ones she borrowed from Grace Wallis, her roommate and friend. Beneath the old curtains and clothes, there was a peculiar looking box with R.D.P scribbled on top. Curiosity gnawed at her bones. To her, the letters looked like initials although she did not know anyone with these initials. Then a thought struck her.

My mother!

She still did not know her parents' full name. The letter she received when she was eleven years old only stated her mother's first name, Rose. She did not know if her mother had a middle name starting with the letter D or if her last name started with the letter P.  She did not know her father's name at all, but the fact that this box might have been her mother's egged her on to open the box.

Inside was a diary, a quill, two shards of glasses carefully wrapped in a Slytherin scarf, a book about advanced charms and a ring with a fox on it. It was beautiful and Venus wondered if it belonged to her mother and if foxes were her favourite animal. She held the diary cautiously in her hands and debated whether to open it or not. She was not sure if it was really her mother's.

"You may open it," her aunt's voice startled her. The said woman stood by the door, observing her niece fondle nervously with the diary in her hands.

"It was your mother's. The things in the box belonged to your parents. Those glasses are actually two way mirrors," Mrs Figg told her and left the room.

Venus found herself looking at the door bitterly. Over the years, she started to dislike the woman more and more. When she began to have questions about her parents, Mrs Figg refused to answer them. It made her frustrated. For the hundredth time on that day, she wished she had gone to Egypt with the Weasleys for the summer.

When Venus opened her mother's diary, she had expected to read about her mother's life, probably finding out her mother's full name and more about her father. Instead, the first page was titled "M.M." and what followed was a list of spells and references. Flipping the page, what she saw next was even more surprising. The next pages of the diary was filled with prank ideas and a list of products for each prank. She found herself laughing at the thought of her mother being a prankster in her years at Hogwarts, but as people say, like mother like daughter.

The twins are going to love this.