Chapter 12

Remus Lupin And The Marauders

A week after the term started, Venus was in the Ravenclaw tower, distributing the chocolate cookies and pudding she got from the kitchens among the Quidditch players

A week after the term started, Venus was in the Ravenclaw tower, distributing the chocolate cookies and pudding she got from the kitchens among the Quidditch players. They were moping around, still bitter about their defeat by Slytherin. Venus and the other Ravenclaws tried to lift their mood but it seemed as though it had no effect.

"Seriously? I went through so much to bring you all some bloody snacks. The least you blokes could do is bloody appreciate it!"

"Thank you Venus. The cookies were awesome," Cho Chang, the Seeker of the team replied. The latter nudged her team mates and soon a chorus of "thank you's" were heard.

"We still have the match against Gryffindor, innit? If we win, then there's a chance we might..." Randolph Burrow, one of the Chasers of the team trailed off.

With that the team stopped moping around and instead, they had started discussing Quidditch tactics, manoeuvres and changes to practice schedule. Venus and a few others who had stayed in the common room for emotional support finally retreated to their dorms for the night.

A few days later, Venus was in the courtyard, the now functional map in her hand. The best friends still called it the Marauder's Map. They thought of themselves as the new generation of the Marauders. Eyes still on the map, she noticed four people approaching her. Without bothering to look at the names, she looked up and saw Harry, Ron and Hermione, otherwise known as the Golden Trio. Venus looked around but there was nobody else close to her apart from three. She thought it was weird since there were four people on the map. Turning her attention back to the map, she almost spit out the apple she was eating when she noticed the fourth person on the map. It was Peter Pettigrew. Quite confident in herself, she was sure the map was not lying and therefore came to only one conclusion. She narrowed her eyes at the rat in Ron's hand. The animal seemed to cower from her stare.

"Stop it Vee! You're scaring Scabbers," the boy exclaimed. Scabbers was the Weasley's family rat. It had been in the family for twelve years. Venus, however knew not to jump to conclusions and she knew that there was only one person who could answer all her questions.

That was how Venus found herself in front of Professor Lupin's office after her classes. She stayed still in front of the closed doors for a few minutes, debating whether to knock or just go back to her common room. She still was not sure if talking about it to Lupin was a good idea. When she finally gathered the courage to knock, the door was opened by none other than the DADA teacher.

"For how much long were you planning to stand outside of my office?" He asked.

"Well uh... I need to talk to you Professor."