Breaking point.

"Seconds turn into minutes, minutes turn into hours, hours turn into days, days turn into months, months turn into years." I read off of the board from God knows where. It seemed like a straight path to nowhere. I felt a tap on my shoulder, a tingle went up my spine, causing me to shiver, the voice called out. "Emily" they turn to my front and gently place their hands on my hips, pulling me close. I could feel her breath on my lips. Her? How did I know it was a her? I looked up to see Alison, her lips barely touching mine. "You don't know how long I've wanted to say this." She looks at me with her blue crystal eyes, blushing like a newborn baby. "Say what, Alison?"

She leans forward, now able to feel her breath near my ear. "I've been waiting to tell you for years" I begin to panic. "I lov...."

"EMILYYYYYY!" I shoot up like a rocket at take off. "Dear god. I thought our one and only Michael Phelps was dead." Spencer says sarcastically. "Shut up Spencer" I say without hesitation but not meaning to. She backs up as if hurt. "I'm sorry, Em. I didn't.." I look at the three girls standing over me. I begin to tear up. I had to stay strong knowing they didn't know anything about what I just experienced. They run to my side continuously asking if I'm okay. I never answered.

I just laid my head back down on my pillow and closed my eyes hoping for the dream to come back and finish what it started. Even though they were still talking, it felt so easy to block them out.. Alison takes a little more of me each day, I don't know how much more of this "ignoring her" I can take...