Chapter 14 - brother or not?

In her past life she had a sworn brother she couldn't have another sibling because her mother had some complications with bearing another child. So she could only have a sworn brother.

When she was young she was very popular. She had friends here and there. She gave them everything— from friendship bracelets to some more jewelries, tutoring to letting them copy off her papers. Until she met her sworn brother. He told her that she shouldn't give out everything only what was possible for them to have. Don't spoil them because you'll only get viewed as a wallet or a credit card they can use until it's all worn out. So she stopped. She only tutored them but not let them copy. She gave them some jewelries but not that expensive. She started to see what he meant. They drifted away from her after using her. She couldn't tell her parents because they're very busy. She only had one person to rely on. That specific person. His name was Caleb Reynaff. He was the best sworn brother anyone could have. After many years they've become real close although not close in a romantic way but with a sibling love. Their love was platonic in the romantic side. Everything was going smoothly. Until One day.... 

Unfortunately he never showed in their next appointed meeting that they planned out. She waited and waited until it became night. She could feel some of her hot tears crawling down on her face. And as if the skies were feeling the same as her— it rained, it rained real hard. She didn't bring an umbrella because she didn't know it would rain today.

As she got back. She didn't see anyone home. Their house was empty. Her mother and father had an important business meeting in California so she was alone until next week. She grabbed her phone from the table , which she fortunately left home because if it wasn't, it would be really wet. She saw a person's name on her lock screen.

Brother Cal - 8 missed calls

(Cal was her nickname to him)

She called Cal back, thinking to hear him apologise to her. But what heard on the other line was shocking.

Hello? - she called out

Yes ma'am/sir? Is this someone related to.....Sir Caleb Reynaff? - a female answered. She panicked with the tone of the female. The female sounded very worried.

I'm not related to him by blood but he's my sworn brother - she answered quickly.

Do you know any of his blood relatives ma'am? - the person said.

Yes I do know his Aunt... - Hailey(her last life's name) said with a quivering voice.

Could you please call her and tell her that her nephew has met with a serious car accident.- the female who Hailey assumeb to be a nurse said.

Where is this hospital located at? And what is it called- Hailey asked in a bit of a hurry.

At XXXXX- XXXXXX Ma'am. Mirage Hospital (obviously made up
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ)- the nurse said.

•~After telling Cal's Aunt~•

Hailey march out of her house and called a taxi. "Could you please take me to XXXXX-XXXXXX ASAP" Hailey told the taxi driver. "Sure miss"  the taxi driver respond.

"You should turn that frown upside down Miss! No one's allowed to be sad inside of this taxi" the driver said enthusiastically. Hayley smiled and thanked him.

•~At the hospital~•

Hayley and Cal's aunt met at the front desk. They asked where Cal was. The lady at the front desk picked up the phone and pressed some numbers.

"Miss the doctor will come in a while you might want to sit in the waiting area over there" the lady said. Hayley nodded and lead Cal's aunt to the waiting area.

After a while, the doctor finally appeared and asked who Cal's relatives was. Rin (Cal's Aunt) called the Doctor and said she was Cal's relative. The doctor asked some personal detail and then told her that Cal was already dead (I dunno if this is what happens in the hospital-based referring to asking for details and then telling them he/she is dead)

"You might want to call a funeral home first so they can embalm the corpse before public viewing" the doctor said.

Rin called a funeral home and so on. They left the hospital and went to their seperate ways.

'Brother Cal why did you leave me? Didn't you say you'll always be by my side. Why did you leave without telling me? Why did you leave me in this cruel world? Now I'm all alone. No one to rely on. No family to complain to because they're always busy. Sometimes I want to be poor but happy because you'll always get to spend time with your family. Brother Cal I will miss you so much please guard me to the path of happiness.' That was Hayley's thoughts after leaving the hospital.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
To be Continued...
•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Author's note:
Sorry guys but I've been not so inspired lately and my mind is so not focused. I've been trying to write as much as I can but I don't have much ideas... Anyways thank you so much for reading my story I never knew this chaos of a story would be read by thousands of people...