Chapter 1: DRIVE!

TAKE NOTE! (Disclaimer)

This book contains homosexual references and scenes, if you do not agree with anything that has to do with the LGBTQ community feel free to press the back button as hate speech will not be tolerated. This book also contains sexual scenes and uncensored language (swear words). Again, if you are not prepared to read such content please leave the book alone.
As for the rest of the readers welcome to The Lotto plan I hope this is the beginning of something beautiful and do enjoy vote, comment and follow me for more amazing stories
Lots of love.

Damian's POV

To be honest with you I never expected Tertiary to play out this way. I still lived at home with two of my younger siblings, working a steady job as sales manager of Speedy Autos and 3 months away from graduating with my PhD in Film and Media. Everything was rolling smoothly to be honest, until that fateful day. I was with James, a guy I've been dating under the radar for the past few months. He decided we should do something different with our Friday.

"So you really want me to waste my money?"
"Waste, bro you could become richer than you think."
"Oh well then," I said filling in the numbers in his '19 VW Polo GTI. He decided that I should play the Powerball lottery just for fun, I mean R50 is a lot of pocket money considering midmonth blues but hey why not.

"Well if this doesn't work out you owe me double."
"R100 Damian are you mad!?"
"Hey, you're the one with the idea."
"But I'm not rich."
"Says the 26-year-old driving the latest Polo GTI."
"Okay, okay despite the stereotype I'll get you your hundred."
"I'll hold you to it."
"And we both know how consistent you are," he said as we back walked to the car, he stopped me at the door and we kissed.

"We're kissing already huh?"
"Yeah it's about time but it's getting late, we should drop you off."
"Yeah that's a good idea I've got a lot of classes coming up tomorrow including a new special at the dealership," I said as he started the car and drove off. We'd usually chill at the park but because of our detour, our daily session was cut off.

"So I'll see you around?"
"Obviously, you can fetch me from campus and take me to work then fetch me from there and bring me home."
"You still don't like taxis Damian after 10 years!?"
"Hey I'm tired of the language barrier and the overloads, just let me be!"
"Okay fussy pants, see you tomorrow."
"Bye handsome!!"

Nobody in my family knew that I am gay, I mean the man my mom remarried to is homophobic and my mom herself is just, well stuff like that so when I did come out to my smaller circles not one hint reached my parents. I walked through the front door to find my oldest brother Denver waiting for me with his phone in hand. Denver only came home when his baby mommy didn't want to take custody of his child, otherwise we never really saw each other.

"The big man himself!"
"Damian, 'sup boy"
'Nothing much, suppers out?"
"Yeah go get dished everyone else is watching TV that side."
"Cool," I said walking into the kitchen.

Usually, on a midmonth Friday, we'd eat a simplistic meal while Dorothy and Daisy ate something extravagant. We'd like to think that we're being stereotypical but ever since my father got killed and my mom remarried this monster, me and my older siblings have become a liability in our own home. I mean honestly, this man who drives his expensive Mercedes S560 AMG might have swag and all and really wanted to take care of us but as soon as Dorothy and Daisy were born we were the least of his issues. I remember him trying to use our inheritance money to buy another car, oh my word he was in deep sh*t when my mom found out. The only thing that doesn't surprise me is that he lives up to the evil stepfather stereotypes. Anyway, I walked into them watching TV, I've always told my mom that I wanted to move out when I'm financially stable cause I never looked forward to living in a backroom but Micheal (whom I'll never call my father) says its messing with my masculinity.