Chapter 5: A snake is on the loose (Part 1)

Damian's POV

I didn't think this situation was real. I had blood all over my clothing and the love of my life was unconscious in a helicopter. Kyle's dad, who is commonly known as Corey, was driving my car as his mom held me in her arms saying something along the lines of "It's going to be okay". I couldn't see anything due to the shield of tears covering my eyes. The only thing on my mind was Kyle.

Before I could overthink anything any longer, the car had stopped outside the ER. Corey was waiting for me by the door while Victoria (Kyle's mom) had already run into the hospital.

"Are you ready?" he asked as he helped me out of the car,

"Honestly no, but all I know is that we have to leave with him by the end of this weekend," I said as he locked the car and walked with me into the hospital

"Don't worry, he's a Bartley. Bartley's don't die easily trust me I'd know," he said as we entered the hospital. When we looked around we saw Victoria crying over the counter to a nurse who couldn't be any more helpless than she already was

"Let's go find out what's going on." He said as we walked towards the counter. As he held Victoria in his arms he spoke to the nurse about Kyle but before we could find out any information, we were sent to the waiting room.

The atmosphere was thick and sickening. I was pacing up and down as Corey comforted his wife. After twenty long minutes, the doctor had finally come into the waiting room to address us.

"Kyle Bartley's family?"

"Yes, that's us. What is his status doc? Is he going to be okay? What do we need to do? Can we go see him please?!" Victoria had thrown more questions at the doctor than he could answer.

"Good day everyone, I have good news and bad news. The good news is Kyle survived the impact with the tarmac and the bullet did not hit any vital organs. The bad news is he lost a lot of blood and we had to operate on him. We also had to sedate him with strong medication in order to operate successfully. He is going to be in a coma until he can fully recover. You can go visit him in room 55 of the ICU section."

He had me at "go" before anyone else could say anything I was sprinting down the hall headed for the ICU section. 

"Hi sorry, do you know where room 55 is?"

"The 4th door on your left"

"Thanks," I said as I ran towards the room, I stopped just outside the door to catch my breath and prepare myself for the state I was going to see him in. I took a deep breath before entering the room.

There were pipes running into his mouth and drips along his arm with bandages around his head that were propped up by a neckbrace. I couldn't believe this was the same person who kissed my forehead 3 hours ago. My heart twisted as I neared him, the only audible sound being the beeping coming from the machines. I thought I was dreaming until I touched his face, the feeling of his soft skin against my thumb caused me to break down.

"You don't deserve this. I'm sorry you ever had to meet me. Something tells me that my family had something to do with this. Not only did that car hit you but you got shot too! Rest for now baby when you wake up we are going to find those baboons. I love you so much, today wasn't supposed to play out like this." I said as I sat down and felt my phone vibrate, I pulled it out to see Zoë calling

"Khloe"

"Damian is he okay. Everyone is worried about yall."

"He's fine, well technically he is in a coma until further notice but he's alive at the end of the day."

"We are so sorry this had to happen D. Nobody could've seen it coming, are you okay? You sound like you've been crying."

"Thanks, well drama always follows the Volencio surname. I'm fine, I was worried about him so it would sound like that cause I'm calm now. Did the people eat?"