Chapter 29

Chapter Twenty Nine

"Wake up," I feel my body shaking and I open my eyes to see Trace standing over me, "you know, you talk in your sleep." He says simply and I sit up.

The morning light is illuminating the room and I groan, knowing it's time to wake up. We probably should've gone to bed before two a.m. but it's too late to turn back time now.

"No I don't," I say obviously and throw my head back on the pillow.

He laughs and jumps into the air, landing beside me on the big bed. The bed shakes as he lands, waking me up even more.

"Yea, you do." he says and props his head up on his hand. His body is turned towards me and I glare at him for being so happy in the morning. He brushes my hair out of my face.

"So I was thinking," he says and I turn my body to face him, tucking a hand underneath my pillow, "the mechanic opens at nine thirty so we should leave here around nine considering we're relying on an uber to get us there."

Sounds like a good plan I guess.

"What time is it now?" I ask him and he looks at the clock on my nightstand, reminding me that it's there.

"Eight o' clock." I groan even louder this time.

He woke me up an hour before it's time for us to leave? I don't even wake up that early to get ready for school! I always give myself fifteen minutes in the morning and sometimes I'll sleep in and get about five but it always works out in the end, well, most of the time.

He rolls his eyes at my level of difficulty and stands up, "I'm going to eat breakfast."

Although I don't want to get up, I'm already awake. I may as well take a shower and eat breakfast as well.

I roll out of bed and pull my hair out of my face as I yawn.

He grabs the bread and nutella, smiling at my tiredness but not saying anything as he prepares his toast.

I grab my unopened bag of peanut butter M&Ms and go to sit at the small table in front of the window. I pull my knees up to my chest and open the bag, grabbing a handful out and eating them one at a time out of my palm.

He comes over and sits down in front of me with two pieces of toast on his foam plate, "How are you eating those?" he asks and takes a bite of his toast.

Oh no.

Did I ever tell him about my 'allergy' to peanut butter? I don't remember ever mentioning it to him but I also try to get out of the car with my seat belt still on so I'm not entirely sure everything is going good in my head.

"What do you mean?" I ask dumbly and shift in my seat.

He shrugs, "You told Mason you were allergic to peanut butter and those," he points to my M&M bag with his toast, "have peanut butter."

I'm surprised he remembers that small conversation. He pays more attention than I thought he did.

I laugh awkwardly, "Yea, I'm not really allergic."

He frowns, "Why would you say you are?"

I know it seems dumb to lie about such a simple thing but in my defense I had a perfectly logical explanation.

"To avoid judgmental comments," I say with an odd smile and he raises his eyebrows, telling me to continue.

"I don't like peanut butter." I say and decide to go into detail with it, "I actually hate it but every time I tell someone this they always hit me with 'how could you not like peanut butter?' 'Are you even human?'," I mock the voices of people and continue, "and after a while I just got tired of it."