Piece Myself Back Together

Jay's POV:

I couldn't pull my eyes away from the window into the interview room. Voight walked out of the room and came to stand next to me. 

"You two should go home," Voight looked at Hailey and me. 

Voight was right, it was getting late and we would need to get started early tomorrow. 

Hailey told me goodbye and walked out of the viewing room.

"So, that's it?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" he returned my question.

"She's not going to be charged with drug-induced homicide or drug conspiracy ?"

He shook his head "No, I'm not going to let that happen."

I knew better than to ask how he could avoid it. 

"Well since you're obviously not leaving, when she finishes she'll have to spend the night in lockup, give her something for withdrawal," Voight ordered.

He walked off. I waited for Erin to finish writing and I opened the door into the interview room.

"C'mon," I motioned for Erin to follow me.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Lockup it's just temporary." I avoided her gaze.

She nodded and I led her out. I found a vacant cell and closed the door. I turned to go.

"Jay," I turned back "I'm sorry."

I nodded at Erin. I wasn't sure if I was ready to forgive her quite yet.

--------------------------------

Erin POV:

I sat down against the cold hard wall. Here I was, back in Chicago with no job, no home, and no freedom. I was exhausted, but my mind was racing. I knew that the situation I was in was not good at all, but there wasn't much I could do about it at this point. When I left Chicago I couldn't stop thinking about everyone that I'd left behind. I'd left every person, the only life I'd ever known and gone to New York. The FBI wasn't anything like the CPD. It was a lot more formal and there was a whole ton of politics. I'd met new people, but none of them could replace the people that I had left in Chicago. Eventually, the pressure of it all came to be too much. I started returning to my old habits but I was good at concealing it. Until one of my friends, Elana found a bottle of drugs in my bag. I made her promise not to tell anyone and she agreed. She helped me get clean again, but when I got the call from Bunny things started to go downhill. 

I had planned to go back to New York after I got everything squared away with Bunny, but that's not how things ended up. I got in too deep and I became obsessed with the power. Selling drugs, breaking into supplier's homes because they tried to rip us off, not caring who got hurt in the process.  I watched myself fade into nothingness. Now I sat there trying to grasp the pieces of my old self to try to piece myself back together. I was surprised the Hank had even wanted to help me get a deal. I thought that at this point everyone would be tired of cleaning up after my messes. 

This time I had really messed up. It was like it was when I was fifteen when I could just make a mistake and fix it. This time I had thrown away my life, and for what? Hours passed slowly and I had a feeling it was getting pretty close to morning. Despite the fact that I knew I would have to wake up soon my exhaustion took over.

I guess I'd fallen asleep because the next thing I knew Antonio was telling me to get up.

"What time is it?" I asked, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

"1:30, you slept late," Antonio unlocked the cell.

"Well I didn't fall asleep until the sun started to come up," I retorted, standing up.

"It sounds like Voight was able to get you a pretty good deal."

I nodded and followed him to Voight's office.

"I'm sorry for elbowing you yesterday," I said looking at the newly formed bruise on Antonio's jaw. 

"No worries, I've had worse," he smirked a little bit.

Antonio knocked on the door of Voight's office and he told us to come in. Hank nodded at me and Antonio left, closing the door behind him.

"Take a seat," I did as I was told.

"You hungry?" Hank asked.

I shook my head.

"So?" I asked awkwardly.

"Well, you'll do 30 days in rehab starting tomorrow, five years of probation, I'll go over those details later, and 150 hours of community service," he explained.

I was honestly surprised Voight had managed to get a deal that good.

"That's better than I expected."

"Well I may have altered the facts a little bit when I was explaining the situation to the judge," he admitted.

"If you mess this up though, I don't think I'll be able to help you out again," Hank warned.

I nodded and sat back in the chair.

"Once you get out of rehab you'll stay with me," I nodded.

He proceeded to explain the conditions of my probation which were relatively strict, but not too bad.

"I do have one other slight problem," I looked down at my hands.

"Erin, what's going on? What did you do?" There was an accusatorial tone in his voice.

"Um, well I um."

"Spit it out, Erin."

"I have kids," I blurted out, "twins."

A/N 

Sorry for not updating last week I was really busy and I needed to take some time for plot development. My goal is to update again by Wednesday. Generally speaking, I will update on Sundays and some Wednesdays if I can. Thank y'all so much for taking the time to read this!!!