Of Nightmares and Dreams

After the weirdness that grandma spewed she passed out and grandpa had led me out. That concluded or visit I guess. He told me not to pay that any mind and that it was probably her age or a joke or something. I wasn't so sure, but I looked up the skelebros address and made my way there. Now here I was, in front of their door. I knocked, but didn't wait long as Frisk opened the door. "Mari! You came!"
"Uh.. Yeah.. I did.." I so wasn't used to this. They grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. I seem to come in at some sort of Truth or Dare game. Professor Alphys and Officer Undyne were both wearing fake mustaches. Officer Papyrus and some robot that I recognized as the pop star Mettaton were holding hands. A smaller skeleton was sitting in a fire dudes lap. They both were blushing heavily. "Are they all couples?"
"Alphys and Undyne are and so are Mettaton and Papyrus. Sans and Grillby are a work in progress." They whispered the last part to me and I nodded. "Hey guys! My friend came! This is Mari." Frisk introduced me. "How do you do." I greeted. They all said some variation of hello. "You're just in time for the ultimate game of Truth or dare punk! Sit!" I decided to just do as I was told. "wow undyne. that was pretty fishy. carp be nicer 'bout it." The one known as Sans joked. I snickered. Papyrus screamed. Undyne groaned.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After having to tell them an embarrassing childhood story, sing the entire chorus of Party in the USA at the top of my 'lungs' outside, prank calling my parents, and telling them my middle name Papyrus and Mettaton went to bed. So we switched to the card game war. After 9 wins for Sans, 8 wins for me, 5 wins for Alphys and Frisk, 2 wins for Grillby, and 0 for Undyne she gave up and dragged Alphys with her to go to bed. Then those of us remaining watched a movie called Freaky. The others were out by the end of the movie. That made sense seeing as it was 2 in the morning. So I just turned off the tv, leaned back, and let sleep claim me.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dark. It was pitch dark and I thought I was falling. Yet everything was solidish. I was on solid ground, at least. I walked around, observing my surroundings. "Interesting.. It's sold matter.. Yet.. Also some sort of.. Molasses like form..? To bad this is just a dream." O̸r̸ a̸ n̸i̸g̸h̸t̸m̸a̸r̸e̸. I froze. Y̸o̸u̸ s̸h̸o̸u̸l̸d̸n̸'t̸ h̸a̸v̸e̸ c̸o̸m̸e̸ h̸e̸r̸e̸. I turned around slowly. Maybe 10 feet away was a being. It seemed to be made of the black substance. The only none gooby feature was a white head with a corrupted and grotesque smile, hollow, sunken eyes, and cracks on either side of it's face. "Well.. You're new." I didn't understand him. His language was.. Strange. White pinpricks appeared in it's eyes much like my own. Black goopy tentacles shot at me and I jumped away, one of them grazing my thigh. I grit my teeth in pain. 'Why is he attacking me?' More tentacles tried to grab at me and stab me, but I evaded them. I dodged and rolled and made a few ink portals. A̸m̸u̸s̸i̸n̸g̸. R̸u̸n̸ L̸i̸t̸t̸l̸e̸ M̸a̸r̸i̸o̸n̸e̸t̸t̸e̸. A̸m̸u̸s̸e̸ m̸e̸ f̸u̸r̸t̸h̸e̸r̸. It got a few more hits in, but thanks to being agile, they weren't horrible. They hurt though. This substance must have had some sort of ethanol or another burning component. It seemed to be taunting me now. A wide, crazed smile as it seemed to call my name. M̸a̸r̸i̸. I rolled away from more tentacles. M̸a̸r̸i̸! I opened another ink portal away. M̸A̸R̸I̸! Tentacles shot at me from behind. "MARIONETTE!" I shot up from a dead sleep, emphasis on the dead. Frisk was looking at me with concern. My wounds still burned. "Wait what?" I looked down. Ink flowed from all the cuts I got in my dream, staining the floor. "My dream.. Was real."
"How is that possible?" Grillby asked. "I do not know.. It must have pulled me into its world or something and I pulled myself back before it could kill me?" I questioned. "W-what were y-you dr-reaming a-bou-out?" Alphys held out a notepad. "It was black. A substance I'd definitely want to take samples of. It was like I was floating while still on solid ground. Than this.. Thing.. Came.. It was made of the substance, with a white head and sunken eyes. It had a creepy smile and cracks in its face." Sans eyes went dark. "Uh.. Sans?" Undyne asked. "kid.. did it give you its name?"
"No." Papyrus came down with a medical kit and started to treat my wounds. "Darling? Is your blood supposed to be black?" Mettaton looked green. "Oh yes. It is ink."
"INK? I THOUGHT ONLY TOONS HAD INK FOR BLOOD? YOUR A ANIMATRONIC YES?"
"Sort of. I'm part animatronic and part toon."
"Woah! Really?!"
"Why would I lie?"
"O-oh my- i-i can o-nly ima-agine w-what y-your soul lo-oks like!"
"How about later. We need to find out what even happened." Grillby reasoned. "W-well.. I m-might be able t-o h-help with th-that." Everyone looked to Alphys. "I-i have a-a machine.. T-to s-ee and c-comm-unicate in-side a per-persons d-dreams..?"
"Why'd you say that like a question?"
"I'm s-sorry, i-i ner-vous.."
"I guess I'm fighting then. Good." I was determined to find out what was going on and what it wanted from me.