The Best of Life

My friends clapped for me as a walked across the stage to get my diploma. I'd done it. I'd gotten my PhD in Soul Science and Monster Biology. My soul sung with happiness and the best part was WD was there to watch me. It's been 4 years since Chara and Flowey were captured and WD was freed. I caught up in my classes, continued them,WD and I started dating, and eventually moved in with WD and the skelebros. My parents were happy for me. As was my grandpa. I'm sure grandma was too.. I got my celebratory kiss after the ceremony, along with a chorus of congratulations. "I'll be throwing a party tomorrow to celebrate your big day, darling, so you better look nice!" Mettaton chirped. "Wai-"
"everyone's attending. grillbs is even taking up the bar." Sans blushed a wee bit. I ship it. Mett was pushing Papyrus away, something about him helping plan. I also ship that. Toriel and Asgore scampered off to cook for the party and drinks and stuff. Alphys and Undyne went to do their own preparations. They were engaged now! Great on them! I turned to WD who was rubbing his cervical vertebrae. "I also have things I must attend to, my dear. Sans shall keep you company while we are gone. I'll see you later?" I felt a little disappointed. I was hoping to spent my first night as a PhD with my boyfriend, but scientists were busy people. "Alright.. Love you, see you later."
"Love you too, my Marionette."
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sometime around 6:30 in the evening Frisk came and Sans left, he wouldn't say why. "What is going on?" I questioned, but the human kept tight-lipped. "I have no clue. They've been weird all day." I nodded. Now that they mentioned it.. WD's been avoiding me all day. "..." I sighed. There had to be a logical explanation for this. My phone started to buzz. It was my mom. "Hello?"
"I wanted to congratulate you again, Mari."
"Thank you.. Was that all?"
"... No. We found something in storage that we thought you might want. It could work for tomorrow too?"
"The party?"
"Maybe.. Come and take a look." Curiosity always gets the best of me. "I'm on my way."
"Great! Your father and I look forward to it! Love you, bye!" She hung up, leaving you curious and slightly confused. What is going on?! "I'm going home for a bit, Frisk. See you later."
"Oh, ok. Bye!" If I didn't know any better, I could have swore I seen them smirking as I disappeared through an ink portal.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I walked through the house, calling to my parents. There was no answer. Not until I got upstairs anyway. "I'm the guest bedroom!" I blinked, somewhat confused. "Why are they in there?" I pushed the door open and stepped inside, where mom, dad, and grandpa were waiting. "What's.. What's going on?" I questioned. Dad smiled. "Your grandfather has something for you from your grandmother. Your mother and I have gifts for you as well." Gifts. "Alright. Let's see them." I walked further in where mom hugged me and presented me with a elongated box. I took it and opened it to reveal a golden locket. Inside on the left was grandma, grandpa and I. On the right was mom, dad, and I. It was my family.. I smiled fondly as I read what was engraved on the back. 'Together forever, no matter what challenges lie ahead.' "Thanks mom.." I clipped the locket around my neck. Dad was next. His box was even smaller. Inside was a silver ring with 'bound together' engraved inside. It didn't fit me though. "Thanks.. Dad." That confused me. It was grandpa's turn. He stepped away from the bed when I looked at him expectantly. I followed his gaze to a silken dress with long sleeves. It was black at the top that faded into silver towards the bottom of the sleeves and skirt part of the dress. It was stunning. "This was your grandmother's. She wanted you to have it." I hugged him tightly. "Thanks grandpa.."
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It was the next day and WD had left before I even woke up. He left a note saying he'd meet me at the party so I guess it was time to get ready. I took a shower and went through my daily routine of brushing my teeth and hair. I changed into my dress and clipped on my locket. With my mom's help my hair was put up in a french braid. Something told me to bring that ring with, so I put it in my inventory. Soon enough, I went with my family to Mettaton's party. Everyone was dressed up. Toriel was in a lacey dark purple dress, Asgore was in a dark purple tux with a lighter purple undershirt and yellow tie, Frisk was in a dark purple tux with a blue undershirt, Alphys was in a polka dot dress and heels, Undyne was in a grey tux with a bright blue undershirt and red bowtie, Grillby was in his normal wear since he always dresses fancy, Sans was in a navy blue tux with a royal blue undershirt and sky blue tie, and Papyrus was in a blaze orange tux with a red undershirt and black tie, Gaster was.. Hot. He was in a black tux and a bright purple undershirt. His tie was silver. His cheekbones were purple with blush. I could feel my own cheeks light up. "Marionette.. Your a vision of immense beauty.."
"You don't look to bad yourself.." WD led me to a table of two. Huh. Metta announced our presence and the party truly started.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The night was filled with fun, food, singing, and dancing. I was having a blast! I couldn't remember the last time I had this much fun! The night was winding down, people were slowly starting to leave. Soon it was just WD, our friends, my family, and I. One last song started. It was the soul sons I first danced to with WD. "Wha- how?"
"I have my ways." He stood up and held his hand out to me. "May I have this dance?" Of course I took it, and we glided across the dancefloor, just me and him. I could feel the others watching, but I didn't care. "You always make my day brighter, you know." WD said suddenly. "Do I? You make my days happier." I replied. "I'm glad. I find difficulty in thinking of my life without you in it."
"Same here, Wingdings, same here."
"You know I love you, with all my soul, with all my being...
"I love you too, WD, what's up?" I looked at him in concern. "And that is why..."
"...Why?.." I implored. He crouched down on one knee and pulled out a small box.. The same size as the ring I had. I realized.. That ring wasn't for me. It was for us. "I would love if you'd marry me?" The ring inside his box was silver banded as well, with a bright sapphire inside. I loved it. "Only if you take this." I stated as I grabbed out the ring given to me before. He blinked and got up. "What is it?" I took the ring from him and placed the other box in his hand. "Open it up and find out." As he did so I inspected the ring he gave. Just as I thought. The same engravement was inside. 'Bound together.' I smiled and put it on. "This night couldn't get any better." WD pulled me in for a passionate kiss. I stood corrected.

That's it! The end! Roll credits! Trilogy complete! That was fun. I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'll probably come back to revise at some point or another, but for now I'm satisfied. Adios!

-Kyran