Saving Dr. Gaster

I sleep in the Grey Room for the rest of the night and went to school early the next day. I had my soul set on helping the Doctor, and if Sans was the answer, I was going to get his help. Now it was a matter of how. Sans wasn't stupid, but I also couldn't say that Gaster was all of a sudden good and trying not to kill me. He was already suspicious of me since I don't look sleep deprived and also don't have wounds. He probably thinks Dr. Gaster-you know what imma call him WD- took over my body and soul or something. I blinked. That was most likely EXACTLY what he thought. "Hm." That could be a problem.. "I'm over thinking again, ain't I..?" I already knew that was a yes. "Ok. I'll just talk to him.. It can't be that bad?"
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It was that bad. I'd been right about Sans thinking I was WD and now I was running away from the angry skeleton. Well, creating ink portals while he teleported after me. Hope he doesn't get stuck in one of my portals.. I was headed towards the mountain though, so he was gonna help me one way or another. My tail twitched. "Where even is Snowdin?" I called to Sans. "don't act dumb g!" Sans yelled back. 'So much for that.'
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

You made it through a castle, a magma pit with an awesome looking lab, a lush area full of waterfalls, and finally into a snowy area. 'This must be it.' "Where's your house Sans?" He was a panting mess from all of that teleportation he'd been doing. "you've.... been...........askin........a lotta........questions.........g.."
"I'm not WD. Are you gonna be ok? The doctor said you had a lab in your basement? I wanna save him."
"i thought............... he wanted................to kill.....you?"
"At first he did but I did a thing and now he's not a murderous psycho anymore."
"a..........thing......?"
"Its a toon thing. His soul is nearly fully intact."
"Seriously..?" Sans was looking at me now. Listening closely. I nodded. "But I need your help. You have something..?" Sans nodded and led me around back. "can we really do it? can we bring my dad back?"
"He's your dad? Nevermind, yes. I'm confident that we can do it." I replied. Sans, for once, had hope. He unlocked the door and lead me down. It was small and surprisingly clean. In the back was some sort of machine covered in a tarp. "Is that WD's escape?" Sans nodded. "yup." I smirked. "Then lets take a look at the schematics and get this working, Hm?"
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Its an absolute wreck. We're going to have to replace at least 80% of the machine.. It's a disaster WD.." I finished explaining to the doc. "WD? 1. Since when did you start calling me that? 2. You can do it." I chuckled. "Thanks. I figured I could call you something shorter. So WD."
"Well.. It is better then Wing and DEFINITELY better then Dings." He shivered at the last one. "Dings? Who would ever call you that?"
"Sans.." I expected as much. "Well I'll stick to WD."
"Much appreciated."
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sans and I had been working one the machine for a month now. Between the machine, grandma, and school I didn't have any free time and didn't get much sleep either, but WD always made it worth while. Speaking of him, I'd been getting closer to him. He was a really good man, with a lot of regrets. He wanted to fix his mistakes and I wanted help him do it. "You look stressed. What's the matter?" WD asked. "Well.. My grandma was only given a month to live last month. She's still alive thank the stars, but I can tell she doesn't have long.. Plus school and the machine.."
"I apologize. If it causes you so much stress then you should take a break." I shook my head. "No you've been waiting a millennia, I won't have you wait any long then I have too." He sighed. "Mari.." He stood up and stretched a hand out to me. "May I have this dance?"
"With no music?"
"We'll dance to the beat of our souls. What do you say?" He prompted. "Fine." I took his hand. He set us in a slow dance position. Our hands clasped together. His arm was wrapped around the small of my back while mine was around his neck. For a moment we stood like this. Then I heard it. Music. A sadder song was a beautiful melody. And we danced. We danced to the melody. It resonated from my very soul. Then I realized. It WAS coming from my soul. And WD's. We were literally dancing to the beat of our souls. "How.."
"Everyone has their own 'song' to their soul. We made a melody with the mix of our 'soul songs'. Interesting yes?"
"Very.." I was awed. He smiled. "You look much more relaxed now. I'm glad I could remedy this situation." You felt your cheeks warm. 'What is this feeling?'