Pilot

"God knows, got to make it on my own."- I Want To Break Free, Queen.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hello everyone! Really glad you're here!

So this is the pilot which means that this chapter has no action! It's like an introductory chapter for you to get to know Eliana! So give it a chance, I promise this book has a lot of action, suspense, and a lot of sexual action (ifyouknowwhatimean) ;)

So off you go, enjoy!

Eliana's POV

My head was on the brink of exploding as I read the last few lines of the e-book. My eyes stung from sitting so many hours in front of the bright screen and my back screamed at me to sit in a better posture.

I checked the digital clock on my desk and sighed.

11:16 pm.

I shut my laptop and stood up, pushing my chair back under the desk. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand, pulling the charger off, and plopped down on my bed, unlocking it.

Would you look at that! Four hours have gone by and not even a single notification.

I sighed again and locked my phone, placing it on my stomach as I laid down on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

It's been five days since I went out with my friends and I miss it already. I have been seeing them at the university but it's not the same as going out.

Since my dad moved to Athens for business it has been very lonely and quiet here. Don't get me wrong, I couldn't be more proud of my dad for opening another hotel on his own, but I can't help missing him every day. My dad worked his ass off all these years so I could go to a private school in Thessaloniki and he made sure nothing was ever missing from our house. I could never be so selfish as to ask him to stay in Thessaloniki with me, after everything that he accomplished.

Mom died in a car accident. She was a gynecologist and she was rushing to the hospital because a pregnant woman had an emergency and required her help. A bus crashed on the driver's side of my mom's car and she didn't make it.

After that happened, dad's world turned to ash; including me.

It was like he had given up on everything in life. He turned to alcohol, quit his job, and pushed me as far away as he could. He shut himself up and I couldn't do anything about it.

One day, when I came home from the last day of school in 9th grade, after my exams, I found him curled up into a ball on the kitchen floor, crying his eyes out, with numerous cans of beer and two empty bottles of whiskey scattered around on the kitchen floor. That was the day he called me Maddie. That was the day he talked to me like I was mama. And that was the day I decided that I had to save him from this mess.

With my mom absent and my father being a mess for over a year, I was forced to grow up from the age of 14. I acted like an adult, buying the groceries, cooking, cleaning, and basically taking care of the house and my homework. Back then we lived in a small apartment in Thessaloniki because we couldn't afford anything better at the moment. My dad had no income and we were forced to deduct money from my college funds. I didn't mind though; All I wanted was for my dad to be happy again.

We also had a beach house in Skiathos that we inherited from my grandparents, so we had to simultaneously pay taxes for that too. It was difficult and the financial problems were taking a toll on dad, pushing him further and further towards depression. I had to do something about it. And so I did.