Chapter 11

[Shawn's POV]

 Camila's birthday was last week and during the small celebration we had in her apartment with our friends I played her a new song I wrote about her. She was in love with 'Fallin' all in you' and cried in front of everyone during the song. She then insisted I had to send it to a few record labels, so I sent a demo to some but I still didn't get an answer from any of those. As I walk to my next class of the morning I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket, so I take the call without even looking who it is.

 " Hello?"

 " Good morning, is this Shawn Mendes?" I hear a man ask on the other line.

 " That's him."

 " Hi, Shawn. My name is Andrew, I work for Island Records and we just listened to your demo for 'Fallin' all in you'. We are really interested in having you as an artist in our label. Would you be fine on meeting with me this week so we can maybe discuss a contract?" 

 " Shit!" I say without thinking. " Sorry, this is just wow. Is this for real?"

 " Yeah, this is real." He says laughing.

 " Wow." I say still shocked. " Of course I would like to meet you this week."

 " Okay. What about wednesday? I'll confirm the time with my secretary and then send you the address."

 " Yes, sir. That sounds great."

 " Okay. I'm excited to meet you, Shawn. See you in two days." The man hangs up leaving me standing still in the middle of the hallway.

 I go to my next class but I can't seem to focus on anything. I text Camila so we can have lunch together, I'm super excited to tell her the news. She tells me to go to her apartment because Lauren made pasta, which is her specialty. As I make my way to her apartment I keep overthinking the whole situation but then decide is no use to be so nervous. As I'm about to text her so she can come downstairs to open the front door, I see Lauren opening it so she lets me in and go to her class. I go upstairs and knock on the door just to hear Camila complain about Lauren forgeting her keys.

 " Oh, hey baby, it's you. I thought it was Lauren. Did she let you in?" She says opening the door.

 " Yeah." I say kissing her and I can feel her smiling against my mouth. " Someone is happy."

 " Just happy to see you." She says closing the door once we're inside. She pulls me to the kitchen, where we sit and eat the pasta Lauren cooked.

 " You seem nervous." She says looking at me. " What happened?" She can read me so well, it's kind of scary.

 " I just got a call from Island Records."

 " And?" She asks excited.

 " They want me to sign a contract, but not only as a songwritter, as an artist too."

 " Oh my god! Shawn, that's huge!" She says getting up and hugging me. Suddenly she's sitting on my lap crying.

 " Baby, why are you crying?" I ask confused.

 " These are happy tears. You deserve this so much, I'm so proud of you." She says against my neck.

 I kiss the side of her head and we stay like that until we remember we have to finish eating if we plan to get in time for our shifts.

 The days go by and before I can process I'm on my way to Island Records to meet Andrew. I enter the building and there's so many security, which makes sense considering it seems to have a lot of important people working here.