Chapter 20

[Shawn's POV]

 Christmas is coming, which means Rose just completed three months. We were so worried about the infection she had that we've been taking her at the doctor more than we should, but she keeps guaranteeing us that was just a scare and Rose is really healthy right now. Andrew gave me a break on the interviews and promo of the song so I could be more with Rose and Camila. The song has been falling on the charts, peaking only at number 18, which to me was already surreal since I didn't even think many people would hear my EP to begin with. We would start working on my debut album in january, so for now I could dedicate all my time to my girls. Speaking of, I'm planning on proposing to Camila at New Year's Eve, since we would be spending with our families at my parents house. I bought a ring last week with my mom's help and she's super excited, she's the only one who knows besides Julia, who's already in New York. I'm looking at the ring when I hear Camila calling me from the kitchen, so I quickly hide it back inside a sock in one of my drawers.

 " Shawnnn! Can you change Rose's diaper?" She screams from across the apartment.

 " Yeah." I say entering the kitchen and taking Rose from her. " Damn, Rose! That doesn't smell good."

 " Good luck!" Camila says laughing as she opens the fridge.

 Christmas is finally here and my parents come to our apartment so we can spend it here. Camila's mom can't get out of work so she has to stay in Miami. I prepared most of the food with a little help from Camila, but being honest she's not the best cooker, so I end up doing most of it by myself. My parents bring dessert so we have dinner in the 24th and they come back the next morning so we can exchange gifts. Rose seems fascinated with a purple stuffed elephant my dad gave her and it becomes her favorite thing, she can't even sleep without it. She actually has been getting a lot more sleep because of it, which means Camila and I are finally being able to get some sleep as well. One night after putting Rose to sleep Camila lays on my chest as I play with her hair. She then starts kissing my chest and in no time she's on top of me as we make out, she's been acting very needy lately so I know exactly what she wants, however we're quickly interrupted by Rose crying. Camila groan out loud and gets up to see what happened since she just put her to sleep.

 " Her purple elephant fell out of the crib." Camila says laughing as she comes back to bed.

 Rose is no longer crying and seems to be sleeping for real this time, so we're finally able to finish what we started. We both seem way less stressed the next morning and I can't help but laugh at the reason why.

                          ☆☆☆☆

[Camila's POV]

 I stand in front of the mirror looking at the dress I picked for New Year's Eve, it's a beautiful loose white dress. I've always loved to wear tight dresses but I haven't been exactly confident about my body after the pregnancy. I know I shouldn't care about this but it's still hard to ignore those thoughts. Shawn, on the other hand, has been doing anything in his power to prove me I look just as hot as before, he literally keeps repeating that everytime he puts his eyes on me and has also been proving me that in other ways. As I finish applying a bit of makeup, I hear the faint sound of his guitar coming from the living room. As I walk out from the bedroom I find Shawn playing and singing a beautiful and soft song for Rose, who's laying on the baby carriage paying attention to every one of his movements. They're both ready to leave the house, just waiting for me and the sight in front of me makes my heart melt. I love how good Shawn is with her, she can be crying for hours but the moment she lands hear eyes on him she calms down.

 " How long have you been there watching us?" Shawn asks in a soft tone of voice as he stops playing the guitar.

 " Just a little bit, not that long." I say walking to him and kissing his cheek. " I love how she pays attention when you're playing, it wouldn't surprise me if she turned out to be a musician as well." 

 " I would love that but she could also want to be a painter." He says looking at her.

 " We'll have to see about that when she's older. I don't want her being exposed to paint this early, specially after her infection." I say remembering her stay in the hospital.

 That's actually one of the reasons I hadn't painted anything in awhile, I don't her to be sick because of the ink, but I would love to teach her when she's older. Both Shawn and I would be so happy if she becomes an artist like the two of us but we agree we will equally support her if she chooses another path. We walk to the parking lot and I lock Rose in her car seat in the back as Shawn puts the baby carriage in the trunk. The traffic is insane because of the holidays, so a drive that would normally take twenty minutes ends up taking one hour. As we get to his parents' house I see Sophia and Lucy sitting down talking in the front porch. They get up when they see us and Sophia immediately takes Rose in her arms.

 " I thought she would be bigger by now but she's still so tiny." She says with an adorable smile on her face.

 " I know, right? I'm still scared I'm going to break her anytime." Shawn says joking.

 I give Lucy a hug and she is the one who actually looks taller. I hate that we don't live close because I would love to see her more often and be the sister she deserves. I even considered the possibility of moving back to Miami, but both of our careers are here in LA and then Shawn would be away from his family, which I don't think is fair. She updates me on how she started to take dance classes as we get inside and once we're there everyone's attention is suddenly on Rose. I thought she would get nervous and start crying because of how many people wanted to hold her but she loved the attention, which was really funny. I see my mom and Beatrice, my father's wife, talking and soon my dad appears next to me.

 " They're becoming really good friends, I didn't expect that at all." He says as we look at the two.

 " I'm glad they get along, my mom can use a friend and to be honest I love Beatrice, she's great." I say smiling at him.

 " I was scared at first that you wouldn't like her, but it's so good to see you get along with her and Lucy."

 " There's no way that could happen, they're both amazing. I'm happy you got a second chance to be a good dad, Lucy turned out to be such a sweet girl. I thought I would be jealous at first, that you were such a good dad to her and not to me, but I realized how you regret that now. Thank you for really trying this time around." I say hugging him as the last sentence leaves my mouth.

 The rest of the night goes by with Rose stealing people's attention because of her cuteness and then crying because she wanted to sleep. When midnight is coming around she's already passed out in Shawn's arms. Alejandro takes the baby carriage in the car for us and we lay her there so we can make the toasts when it's time. I see Shawn talking to my mom for awhile and she seems really excited about the subject but as I'm about to approach them, Karen asks for my help with the drinks. We serve everybody champagne cups, except for me, Lucy and Sophia, the three of us get sparkling water.

Suddenly it's midnight and Shawn pulls me in for a kiss, but when we pull away he does something I wasn't expecting. He goes down on one knee holding a small velvet box, which he opens to reveal a beautiful ring. It feels like the time froze and I can't acknowledge anyone else besides him in the room.

 " I thought a lot about how to do this and then decided I wanted everyone to witness how much I love you. I know we already live together and are parents to the most gorgeous baby, which means we're practically already married." He says as I feel tears roll down my face. " But, Camila, would you please give me the pleasure of being officially my wife?" 

 " Yes." I say crying and smiling at the same time. " A million times yes." 

 He laughs and puts the ring on my finger, then gets up as I pull him in for a kiss. Everyone is cheering us and that's when I realize we weren't alone and even Rose woke up and it's looking curiously at us. I take her in my arms and Shawn hugs us kissing my forehead. I can't wait to spend the rest of my days with this man who showed up so unexpectedly into my life and gave me the most precious thing ever, our little Rose.