iii. walker

On the twelfth hour of the first of october in 1989, forty three women gave birth. The forty three women had not been pregnant when the day first began. Eccentric Billionaire Reginald Hargreeves attempted to adopt as many of them as he could. He got eight of them.

|《[(Opening_Sequence)]》|

An alarm blared all around the bank. "Hey, get them behind the counter." A man shouted to his colleagues before talking into the walkie talkie. "Now, you've put me in a position where I gotta do something I don't want to do. Hmm? Shit!"

He didn't see the masked Allison walk up to him. "Hey, get back with the others."

"I heard a rumor." she muttered to herself.

"What? What did you say?" the bank robber asked.

"I heard a rumor you shot your friend in the foot." she said, activating her power.

The man turned to his friend and shot him in the foot. The man's friend fell to the ground  in groaning pain. The hostages screamed at the sound of gunshots. Luther came crashing down from the glass ceiling and bonked the bad guy's head on the counter before hurdling out the glass window.

Diego ran forward. "Guns are for sissies. Real men throe knives." He threw two knives that looked to be going to the man in front, but it curved and hit someone to the left.

"Get back, you freaks." A man said on top of the counter, poiting a gun at them.

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy." Diego told him.

"Get back now!" The man shouted.

"Wouldn't want you to get hurt." Allison told him.

Five jumped to behind hom. "Or what?" The man shot at him, but Five disappeared before that and appeared behind him. The man turned around and tried to shoot him with the stapler. "Ooh! That's one badass stapler!" And he rammed the stapler into the guy's head.

A few more men came into the lobby and [Y/N] took off her glove before plunging her hand to the ground creating an ice skating rink. The men slipped on the floor before [Y/N] shot snow at them from her fingers to take them down. Then, the six of them turned to Ben.

"Do we really have to do this?" asked Ben.

"Come on, Ben. There's more guys in the vault." Luther told him.

Ben sighed. "I didn't sign up for this."

He went in and unleashed a tentacle monster as the Umbrella Academy set the hostages free. They ran out, screaming. The kids turned to the vault to see blood splatter, and [Y/N] flinched and looked away. Five walked beside her and grabbed her wrist and calmed her down by rubbing circles  with his thumb on her hand. Ben walked out of the vault will blood dripping off of him.

"Can we go home now?" he asked.

[Y/N] nodded. "Yes."

And they walked out of the bank and posed for the pictures. When Reginald Hargreeves came to the stand, they got into position as he started to speak.

"Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy." Reginald introduced them.

[Y/N] didn't necessarily like the pictures being taken by them. And she could feel the frost coming from her fingers. Threatening to turn into icicles. Five seemed to notice her uneasiness and gripped her hand in his.

"Mr Hargreeves! Mr Hargreeves! Channel 9 News." A reporter said. "What happened to their parents?

"They were suitably compensated." Reginald explained.

"Are you concerned about the welfare of the children?" another reporter asked.

"Of course. As I am for the fate of the world." he told them.

QotC: what is your favorite song from the first episode?

AotC: walker by fitz and the tantrums (although istanbul not constantinople is a close second)