ix. run boy run

On the twelfth hour of the first of october in 1989, forty three women gave birth. The forty three women had not been pregnant when the day first began. Eccentric Billionaire Reginald Hargreeves attempted to adopt as many of them as he could. He got eight of them.

|《[(Opening_Sequence)]》|

The bell rang signalling time for dinner. The children came down the stairs to eat and stood at their places to eat. [Y/N] was inbetween both Diego and Five as they all waited for Reginald to give the command. Like they were all at some military school rather than their own home.

"Sit." Reginal told the children and they obliged, sitting down at their designated spots.

"During extreme weather conditions, a climber must possess the wisdom to determine when evacuation is inevitable. A controlled alpine descent begins with the girding of one's loins and the anchoring of the climbing rope to one's enemy, the mountain. The Du;fersitz rappel is the preferred method for descent when rope is the only available tool, but must be regarded as a last resort. Begin by looping the rope... A screen anchor must be used if the rope is to be successfully retrieved from the fence of the mountain. Tightly knot the ends of the rope."

[Y/N] felt a hand on her leg and kicked it away from her before sending a glare at Five who was beside her. She saw him clench the butter knife in his hands and she mouthed what are you doing? towards him. "Once anchored, thread the doubled rope through the legs, front to back. It is of utmost importance that the rope be drawn under the gluteal muscles, not through the crevice between the gluteus. Proceed by holding the rope diagonally-."

Five stabbed the table causing both Vanya and [Y/N] to jump at the noise. "Number Five?"

"I have a question." Five told their adoptive father.

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson." Reginald told him.

Five scoffed. "I want to time travel."

"No." Reginald denied.

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." Five appeared by Reginald's chair. "See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknows of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn." Reginald explained.

"Well, I don't get it." [Y/N] looked over at them.

"Hence the reason you're not ready." Reginald said, still not looking at him.

"I'm not afraid." Five told him. This is going to end badly.

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now. I forbid you to talk about this anymore." And with that, Five stormed out of the house with Reginald calling after him.

[Y/N] looked over at Vanya who nodded at her. [Y/N] ran after him to outside the manor, ignoring the calls from Reginald. But when she got out there. He was already gone. He had descended blindly into the depths of the freezing water. Elsewhen, Five had time jumped into what appeared to be summer. With a lot of bright colors around him.

Five scoffed. "Not ready, my ass." he time jumped again into winter.

Could winter actually smell like her? He time jumped again and stopped in his place. Everything was gone. Everything was destroyed. He looked around him before making a beeline to his house to see nothing remaining. He called out for his family, but no one answered. He tried to go back, but he couldn't. "Shit." And he fell to the ground. Exhausted.

**

The wind howled as Five saw the hand poking out of the rubble. A hand clutching the plastic/ glass eyeball. Five picked it up from the hand. He looked at the face of the person. An older Luther. Dead. And he looked off and saw the other bodies. An older Allison. An older Diego. An older Klaus. All dead. And he knew who they were by the umbrella tattoo on their wrist. The same one he and his siblings all got when they were tweens.

And then he found her. He found the body he was dreading to see. [Y/N] was covered in rocks with her hand gripping Klaus's limpless hand. Her thirteen year old body still covered in rocks, and he pushed it off of her. She stared up at the sky. Blood running down her face. No. dried blood on her face. But that wasn't the weirdest thing. No gloves to be found. Just black dust coming from her hands.

Like dusty ice.
Like death.
Like the darker part of winter.