iv. five

On the twelfth hour of the first of october in 1989, forty three women gave birth. The forty three women had not been pregnant when the day first began. Eccentric Billionaire Reginald Hargreeves attempted to adopt as many of them as he could. He got eight of them.

|《[(Opening_Sequence)]》|

Everyone sat/ stood around the kitchen table. Five had just gotten out a cutting board snd walked to the pantry.

"What's the date? The exact date?" he grabbed a loaf of bread.

"The twenty fourth." Vanya told him.

"Of what?" asked Five.

"March." [Y/N] said.

He looked up at her after saying a low, "Good." She smiled back at him.

"So, are we gonna talk about what just happened?" asked Luther. Five got out two slices of bread. "It's been seventeen years."

Five scoffed. "It's been a lot longer than that." he spatial jumped to the counter.

"I haven't missed that." Luther commented as Five picked up a bag of marshmallows.

"Where'd you go?" asked Diego.

"The future. It's shit, by the way." Five sptial jumped back to the table.

"Called it." Klaus and [Y/N] commented as the two of them high fived.

Five's eyes darted to them. Nothing changed between those two. He went to the fridge to get a jar of peanut butter. "I should've listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice."

"Don't you mean jumping across time?" [Y/N] asked.

Five looked up at her. "Is now really the time to reference things, Whovian?" She shrugged as Five looked at the rest of his siblings. "Nice dress."

"Oh, well, danke!" Klaus replied. [Y/N] rolled her eyes.

"Wait. How did you get back?" asked Vanya. [Y/N] perked up at the question, wanting to hear what he had to say.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five remarked spreading the peanut butter on a slice of bread.

"That makes no sense." Diego commented.

"Well, it would if you were smarter." Five commented.

Diego started to get out of his seat. "Diego! Sit! Don't make me hail on you!" [Y/N] threatened.

She's still scary when she's angry. Noted. "How long were you there?" asked Luther.

"Forty-five years. Give or take." everyone sat down in disbelief.

"So, what are you saying? That you're fifty eight?" asked Luther.

"No. My consciousness is fifty eight. Apparently, my body is now thirteen again." Five finished making his sandwhich.

"[Y/N], you better have a-. OW! Your scrawny ferret just bit me!" Klaus exclaimed.

"Serves you right for messing with his face!" [Y/N] fired at him.

The others rolled their eyes at the two. "Wait, how does that even work?"

"Delores kept saying the equations were off. Eh." Five shrugged and took a bite of his sandwhich. "Bet, she's laughing now?"

"Delores?" [Y/N] asked, her heart swarming with jealousy at the name.

"Hmm." Five picked up a newspaper. "Guess I missed the funeral."