viii. stupid mannequins

On the twelfth hour of the first of october in 1989, forty three women gave birth. The forty three women had not been pregnant when the day first began. Eccentric Billionaire Reginald Hargreeves attempted to adopt as many of them as he could. He got eight of them.

|《[(Opening_Sequence)]》|

"Well, this is not good." Five admitted.

"I was pretty good, though, right? 'Yeah, what about my consent, bitch?'" Klaus asked as the three of them walked out of the building.

"Klaus, it doesn't matter." Five told his brother.

"What? What?" asked Klaus. "What's the big deal with this eye, anyway?"

"There is someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're gonna bring about the end of life on this earth as we know it." Five explained.

"Sounds difficult." [Y/N] commented.

"Yeah, can I get that twenty bucks, like, now, or what?" Klaus asked.

"Your twenty bucks?" Klaus nodded. This is not gonna end good. "The apocalypse is coming, and all you can think about is getting high?"

"There really is nothing inside of that head, isn't there?" [Y/N] commented.

"[Y/N]."

"Right sorry. I'll be standing right here." [Y/N] said.

"Well, I'm also quite hungry. Tummy's a rumblin'." Klaus let out a groan.

"You're useless." Five commented. "You're all useless."

"Ouch, that hurt." [Y/N] commented.

"Oh come on. You need to lighten up, old man." Klaus told him. Five sat down on the step. "Hey, you know, I've just now realized why you're so uptight. You must be horny as hell." Klaus laughed as [Y/N] and him sat down next to him. [Y/N] rested her head on his shoulder. "All those years by yourself. It's gotta screw with your head, being alone. But look at the bright side, you have [Y/N] now to help with that."

"Well... I wasn't alone. Her names was Delores. We were together for over thirty years." Five explained.

[Y/N] felt a pang of jealousy bubble up in her stomach. He had another girl with him? "Thirty years? Oh wow." Five nodded at his brother. "God, the longest I;ve been with someone was... I don't know. Three weeks. And that's only because I was so tired of looking for a place to sleep."

Five grabbed [Y/N] and teleported the two of them to a taxi cab. "Don't stop. Just keep going." Five waved at Klaus as the cab passed and the drug addict kept shouting about his money he didn't get.

"Where are we going?" asked [Y/N].

"The Department store." [Y/N] nodded. "I hope you're not jealous about Delores. Truth be told, she's a mannequin I found in the apocalypse. And when you're alone, you start wish for someone there, and I guess Delores helped through that isolation."

"I've self-isolated myself from everyone for years. Because I was afraid. Afraid of the extent of my winter powers." [Y/N] explained. "I've never been able to control them. That's why I wear the gloves. It's easier to control something when you forget it's even there."

"Snowflake, I don't know why you're afraid of your powers? But you've never seemed to be afraid of them when we hang out." Five told her.

"I don't know why, but I guess it's easier with you. For some strange stupid reason." she admitted. "I don't know. The whole thing is-."

And he kissed her to try to get her to stop talking before she started rambling. "You talk too much." he pulled her into another kiss.

"You always knew how to shut me up." she whispered against his lips.

He chuckled before letting go of the kiss. And the cab had taken them to The Gimbel Brother's department store. They hopped out of the car. [Y/N] on his arm as the two of them went inside. They walked down the aisles towards a group of mannequins.

Five sighed. "Delores. It's good to see you. I've missed you..." this is sad. he's in love with a mannequin and I'm jealous of said mannequin. "Obviously. Well, oh and I want you to meet someone. This is [Y/N]." my best friend is officially crazy. "It's been a rough couple of days." You have me!  

[Y/N] turned away from him to see two masked people, and she pulled on his sleeve. He turned towards the direction and shouted, "No!" And the guns fired and he tackled the girl to the ground. Five and [Y/N] hid in the clothes. And the mannequin Delores was shot in the middle severing her top from her bottom half.

"Shit! It's them!" Five whispered.

"Who's them?" [Y/N] asked.

"I'll explain it to you later, love."

"Oh, so now, I'm love."

"Can we talk about this later?" and he disappeared. He went to get Delores and dragged her by some other clothes. And reappeared by [Y/N]. "Can you watch her for me?"

"Really? Babysitting duty?" [Y/N] asked.

"Please! I'll come back for you after I deal with them!" Five told her before planting a kiss on her forehead.

"The mannequin or me?" [Y/N] asked.

"I don't have time for this." and he disappeared behind some clothes and started leading them away from her.

"Get the girl." one of them said.

"Shit!" [Y/N] mumbled to herself before grabbing the mannequin and standing up. "Hey, assholes! Over here!"

Five jumped over to her and whispered, "What are you doing?"

"Improvising!" [Y/N] told him before shooting a beam of ice at one of them and then just tossing him over like a ragdoll. "Well, that's it."

[Y/N] hid again as Five jumped and started to take on the two of them with a dagger (gardening tool? shovel?). [Y/N] hid behind a cash register and heard more gunshots. Five appeared a few feet away from her. And it looked like he was having trouble jumping. And then the sirens came. [Y/N] grabbed the boy and shoved him down with her. He held onto her and she could both feel and hear his increased heart rate.

She played with his hair to calm him down. The one thing she knew that would make him less frustrated and uptight. The one thing she knew that would make him relax. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm right here.  I will always be right here." He nodded his head at her.

After it was safe to leave, the two of them left with the bag (that had the mannequin inside). They left towards the mansion. [Y/N] gripped his hand as the two of them made their way into the house.

"Five? [Y/N]?" Allison asked as the two teens walked up the stairs. "What the hell happened to you?"

"Are you okay? Can we help?" Luther asked him.

"There's nothing you can do." Five told him as he slapped [Y/N]'s hand away from his. "There's nothing any of you can do." And he walked up the stairs.

"What is that supposed to mean?" [Y/N] asked.

"No clue. Go and talk to him, [Y/N]. He'll listen to you." Allison said.

"I don't know if he will." [Y/N] admitted.

"Just try."

QotC: what is your biggest accomplishment in your own opinion?
AotC: getting my mom into the Jonas Brothers. If you're a 2000's kid with Disney Channel you're either a Camp Rock or High School Musical kid, and I rewatched Camp Rock so much that I made my mom a fan of the Jonas Brother (the two of us binged the Jonas TV show on Disney+ together).