We're All Born With A Year's Worth Of Apologies

Summary: Brendon didn't come back to Vegas to fall in love.

(This was originally in 3 parts but its 9000+ words so I just done one x)

Las Vegas has been a place of comfort and pain for Brendon, and as July grows closer he's conflicted with the thought of actually returning, if only for a while. 

He hasn't thought much about it, really. Just tells his roommate Shane one night during a movie that he is going to go home for a little. Shane just nods, says, "Have fun," and then smiles at him like he knows way more than he's letting on. Brendon smiles back hesitantly, and doubt soon clouds his mind. He pushes it away, and continues watching the movie, snuggling up to Shane's side. 

The next night Brendon finds himself sitting in the middle of his bed, cell phone clutched in his hand and finger poised over the 'call' button. He shakes his head and rolls his eyes, and then punches in the little green button. 

"Hello?" 

Spencer's voice is way more comforting than it should have been. Brendon smiles shakily and grips the phone tighter. 

"Hi, Spence," He says, quietly. There's a pause on the other end, and Brendon holds his breath.

"...Brendon? Brendon Urie? Wow, I-I haven't heard from you in forever. How are you doing man? How's New York?" Spencer's relieved, excited voice makes Brendon bite his lip from guilt. He's fucking missed his best friend, and he feels like an ass for dropping contact with him after he ran away from Vegas. 

"I'm sorry," Brendon says, ignoring the previous questions. His voice sounds small to his own ears, and he winces. "I should've called more often, and kept in touch, and....I just, sorry." 

Spencer makes a frustrated noise on the other end. "Brendon, Bren, you're an asshole." Brendon flinches. "But, I love you, man. And yeah, I fucking missed you, but I could care less about the past, because you're calling now, and you better keep calling after this, okay?" 

Brendon sits back, startled. Then he smiles. "I've missed you too Spence," He says, then remembers his purpose for calling and fidgets. "But, I have a small favor to ask..." 

--

Brendon leaves for Vegas on July 3rd. It's an early ass flight, and Shane drives him to the airport, gives him a long hug, and whispers, "Good luck, B." Brendon's not sure what exactly he needs luck for, but takes it anyways. Just in case. 

The flight is long and boring, and he frantically texts Spencer the whole time even though it's five AM and Spencer could be asleep if he wanted. 

It feels just like old times, and Brendon wants to cry. 

--

Spencer eyes Brendon's lime green suitcase and laughs. "Same old Brendon, I see." 

Brendon tackle-hugs him. Right in the middle of the airport. 

He clutches at Spencer's shirt and Spencer buries his face in Brendon's hair. He's gotten taller and his face looks older, and Brendon's a little put out because he himself, surprisingly, feels exactly the same as he had before he even moved. 

He sighs deeply, and Spencer rubs circles into the nape of Brendon's neck. "Missed you, jerk." 

Brendon smiles. 

--

Spencer lives with a boy named Jon Walker, and Brendon shyly shakes his hand, trying to put on a good impression since he's going to be living together with him for three weeks.