#16 Breakfast

"Change rooms with me," I say to my neighbour.

"No," she says as she takes one of her pretty dresses from the suitcase and hangs it in the closet.

"Why not?!"

"I don't want to be in the room next to that scary Alpha."

I glare at Jenny. "Fine! I'll ask Nara, then."

"She's not in her room."

"Where's she?"

"She has gone to the restaurant with Sabrina. Anyway, I don't think she'll exchange rooms with you, either."

"Why? She's afraid of the big scary wolf, too?"

"No. I think she has a thing for Sabrina," Jenny says, smirking.

I massage my temples. Nara is lesbian. Although, she doesn't change her partners as often as the playgirl, Jenny, does, Nara likes to complicate her love life in her own way – by going after straight unavailable women.

"But Sabrina has a boyfriend," I say.

"Exactly Nara's type," Jenny says, winking.

I groan and fall on her bed.

"Hey, go lie down on your own bed!"

"I don't want to go to my room," I whine.

Jenny laughs. "He's at the next room, not at the other side of your bed. You're thinking too much about it."

"What if he comes into my room in the middle of the night and attacks me?"

"I'm sure he can do that even if your room is not next to his. And if does attacks you, just shout. I'm sure someone will come and save you."

I throw a pillow at Jenny.

"Besides," she continues, ignoring me like she always does, "maybe you wouldn't even want to shout at all – like you didn't at his garage."

I grab the other pillow and press it against my face, hiding my red cheeks.

––––

Apart from the initial hiccup, the rest of the day goes well. I've got to give credits to Sabrina. She has done a fabulous job scheduling us. The girls got a nice body massage at the spa while the guys did water sports. In the evening, we had dinner at the beach and stayed out till late.

I hug myself tighter against the cold wind. I'm beginning to feel tired.

"Let's go. I'm sleepy," I say to Nara.

Nara nods before she shakes awake Jenny who had already dozed off on her chair.

The three of us slowly make our way back to our rooms, leaving everyone else behind. I think most of the guys will sleep at the beach tonight. None of them looks cold.

I pass out the second I manage to tuck myself in on my cozy, warm and impressively large bed.

––––

The warmth of the sun gently pulls me into consciousness. I snuggle against the hard and warm pillow with a smile. I had the best sleep of my life. Wait... hard pillow?

I move and realize my arms are wrapped around someone. I don't even have to look at the face to know who that someone is. I stealthily slide away from him when his arm pulls me back.

That's it. I won't let him get away with this.

"Leon!" I shout right next to his face. His eyes instantly open and blink and squint against the sun.

"What?" he says in his half-asleep sexy voice.

"Don't what me. What are you doing in my bed? First, let me go."

"I was sleeping," he says, not letting me go.

I push my arms against his chest in vain. "Why are you sleeping on my bed?! "

"Why? Because there was space," he says as if I was a stupid girl who couldn't figure that out myself.

I sigh in defeat. "You know, what? I can't do this. I'm too tired to argue with you first thing in the morning. I need my coffee. Let me go."

"Tired?" he says, "I thought you slept pretty well, hugging me tight all night."

"I would've slept well hugging a cactus, too, last night. I was that tired. Now. LET. ME. GOOOOO," I say, pushing him really hard.

He suddenly lets me go and I almost fall over on the other side. He laughs.

I throw him a punch before grabbing my clothes from the wardrobe and going to the bathroom.

I need a cold shower. Touching him made me feel hot.

After I'm done, I step out of the bathroom. He's sitting on my bed with his back against the headboard, looking at his phone.

"You haven't left, yet?" I ask him.

He looks up from his phone. "No. Want to have breakfast with you, first."

I crease my eyebrows at his comment when the doorbell rings. He opens the door and the room service guy rolls in a cart of breakfast.

My mouth waters at the sight of toast, coffee and fluffy scrambled eggs.

I fill up a plate from the cart and sit at the edge of the bed to eat, ignoring the tastefully designed dining nook in the room. Who eats at a table when they have a double bed?

Leon sits beside me with a cup of coffee.

With my mouth full, I blab, "I thought we were having a group breakfast at the restaurant."

"We are, in ten minutes. But I wanted you to have breakfast just with me first," he says, sipping his coffee.

I stop chewing and swallow hard. "You mean we're soon having breakfast with the others?"

He nods.

"And you still ordered me toast and eggs?"

He nods.

"So you want me to eat two breakfasts?"

"You don't have to eat with them if you don't want to. I can tell them we had breakfast in bed already," he says, subtly wiping the corner of my mouth.

I open and close my mouth trying to bite off his insolent finger, but he's quicker than me and moves his finger back on time. He laughs. "Look at you. All feisty in the morning," he whispers.

I start to get up from the bed when he pulls me back to sit. "Alright, I'll stop. Finish eating, please. I really wanted to have breakfast with you."

I know I should be more resistive. But I'm not. I go back to eating my breakfast while he starts to plate his own.

––––

"You're not hungry?" Nara says, who notices my barely touched plate.

"Not that much," I tell her before taking a bite of the sandwich for show. I look at Leon and he doesn't seem to have any problem eating his second breakfast.

As I look past Leon, I notice a familiar face approaching our table, surprising me.

Leon notices my expression and turns around to see what I was looking at.

After seeing that person, Leon turns back to me. I gulp at Leon's angry look.

The person comes and stands beside the table. "Hey guys. Mind if I join?"

Leon clenches his jaws and keeps his eyes on me. Confused by his friend's sudden change of mood and lack of courtesy towards another Alpha, Jack says to the new arrival, "Not at all, Reagan. Grab a seat."