Connor

Pulling up to the school, I already was done with the day. Not only because of the argument with Evan, but also because of how full the school looked. So many people were hanging around outside, and I could see through the glass doors that it was even worse inside.

I parked, pulling an Altoids tin from my pocket. I took out a pre-rolled joint from the tin, and a lighter from my glove compartment. Taking a drag, I looked around at the students walking into the school. Whole doing so, I caught the eye of Connor Murphy, who was sitting in the car to my left with a joint between his lips as well. 

I let out my smoke, letting it clear out before opening my car door. He gave me a look before letting his own smoke out, and I waited for it to fade away before knocking on his window. He sighed, rolling it down. 

"What do you want?" He asked huffed, looking forward. 

"Where's Zoe?" I asked, leaning into the window slightly. 

"Why do you care?"

"Curious, don't you usually drive her?" He shot me a glare but parted his lips to answer anyway.

"She got her license the day after her sixteenth birthday so that she wouldn't need me to drive her. Avoiding me like the plague,"

"Mind if I get in the car with you? I'd like to finish this off," He stayed silent, looking at me as if he was scanning me for any bad intentions, and I let him do so. I did not blame him for being weary of who he talked to and trusted. Nearly no one in the school liked him, and it was not unknown for people to try to piss him off any chance they got. 

Finally, he shrugged with a sigh. I joined him in the car, rolling the window up so we could keep smoking. 

"Anyway, Evan, my brother, is pretty much the same way. He would rather ride with me because of his social anxiety, but it's a half and half deal. He doesn't mind too much either way," We both took a drag at the same time, and seemed to have a contest on who could keep it in the longest. He gave up half way, and I knew he could do longer if he wanted. 

"Your relationship with your brother... How is it?" I shrugged, watching people walk into the school.

"Not the best, but you know how it goes. There's always a favorite child, and that's him. I don't think he knows how good he has it,"

"Same for my sister. Everyone loves her, never gives me the time of day," I watched as Connor smoked, looking around as the amount of students on the outside of the school got smaller and smaller, it getting closer to the time school actually started. 

We settled in a nice silence, smoking and mindlessly looking around. Finally, my gaze settled on him. 

Connor had chipped black nail polish, seemingly chipped mostly from chewing his nails. Not only were his nails chewed, but the skin around his nails looked raw and bitten. Lots of bracelets adored his wrists, and I ignored the marks on his skin that I could see  as the bracelets fell down his arm when he lifted his blunt to his chapped lips. He had amazingly sharp cheekbones along with an equally as sharp jaw. 

"What?" He asked, noticing my stare. His blue eyes pierced into my e/c ones, and my heart skipped a beat at his tone, my face heating up. 

"Sorry for staring. Couldn't help it," I smiled slightly, scratching the back of my neck nervously. 

"Couldn't help it? What, trying to memorize what a freak like me looks like?" His voice started to raise, but I kept my calm.

"No, I just don't think you're as bad as people say you are," He rolled his eyes and huffed, seemingly unable to bring himself to be angry at me. 

"Yeah right," I dug around in my jacket pocket, pulling out a sharpie. 

"Write your name on my arm,"

"What?" He watched as I shimmied my jacket off my shoulders, showing my cropped Guns N Roses T-shirt and tank top underneath, and motioned my arm towards him.

"Your name or something. Someone sees it and will think we have friends. It could help us both out," I smiled up at him, and saw the confusion on his face. "You don't have to if you don't want though. 

He bit the cap of the marker off with his teeth, and let the cap hang from his lips as he held my arm carefully, as if afraid he would hurt me with a single touch. When he saw I did not pull away, he pulled my arm slightly closer to himself, and touched the sharpie to my skin. His eyes met mine, unsure.

"You sure you're okay with this? What if someone... I don't know, makes fun of you for being friends with a freak?" He asked through the cap, and I shrugged with a smile.  

"I don't care what others think of me. You aren't bad, they can go suck a dick. Hurry it up, would you? School will start soon," We both glanced at the doors, and no one was outside anymore. 

He went back to work, moving the sharpie shakily down my skin. He was slow, trying to make it as perfect as he could. It was as if each letter was a poem in itself, and he did not want to screw it up. 

"Viola," He said definitively, handing the sharpie back to me. He tried not to smile as he looked at his name on my arm, but his mouth betrayed him as the corners of his lips lifted slightly, him forcing them down soon after. 

Connor then held his arm out to me, and I smiled as I did the same as him. I bit the cap off of the marker and put the tip of it to his skin, the black contrasting with his pale skin. I wrote my name in cursive, though my cursive was not good, and added a string of numbers underneath. 

"We should actually go to school before we're late," I said when I was done, shooting him a smile before opening the door. "If you want me to sit with you at lunch or something I will. Just text me and I'll find you. Or we can hang out later. Whatever. Don't be a stranger,"