Introduction

A year or two? later I'm back

A year or two? later I'm back. Feels like a real slump but it wasn't easy: managing the hectic college routine and personal life and a big ginormous writer's block that really just comes from being a perfectionist. Anyhow, here's a story that has been stuck in my mind for years like more than five perhaps. Just a spark of inspiration regarding two sisters that stick out for one another and since then their names too have followed me around everywhere as part of my own conscience: Hana & Hanaan.

Finally in this Covid-19 quarantine with college out and me realising I have nothing else in life, I needed to get my writing back together and give these sisters their long over due story too. I put aside my perfectionist and idealist, grabbed my laptop and opened MS word and began actually planning (I am a pantser through n through) and writing alongside. This is my attempt at completing a novel because in the past seven years I have started and made it halfway through numerous projects but never got round to completing any because my perfectionist mind lost hope in them some where in the middle of the process. 

This is to being a flawed perfectionist, going the extra mile yet still and putting forward a story that reflects a BIG part of me in each and every character especially Hana.

S Y N O P S I S

Sisters torn apart by the fragility of the heart, how can love possibly hurt so much?

Hana Junaid decided two years ago, distance would make her younger sister Hanaan more independent but Hanaan's love and yearning for Hana during this time has drowned not just herself but also Hana in a series of Instagram messages with a boy who listens and converses with her so well. What shows on the screen is not what's behind it and the chaos that follows with photoshopped pictures tests Hana's patience and endurance.

Added to the mess is the dynamic Nashwa, fighting her own love battles. Hanaan's cerebral palsy, rendering her coordination haphazard. Young boys daring to be more than themselves in big lawyer conspiracies. Hearts shall certainly flutter wild.

So when the strings of the heart are tangled with so much sophistication, Hana's integrity hangs on a hook and Hanaan is deep in a coma after her online friend turns to a vile foe, will love survive or will fragile compassionate hearts be shattered furthermore?