{10} There Are Worse Things Than Murder

CHAPTER TEN; THERE ARE WORSE THINGS THAN MURDER

nervous about rejection, potter?

: 'can't we just talk?'~khalid, talk

"DON'T walk away from me! Leah please! Give me a chance!" The-Boy-Who-Lived called after the Slytherin girl, at another desperate attempt to apologise

"Why would I give you a chance, Potter?" She scoffed, turning back around and looking at him, a little curious. "You don't deserve it."

"Please! Just hear me out!" She pinched the bridge of her nose, nodding and sighing.

"Fine. Fine!" She exclaimed sarcastically, sighing as she quickly took his arm and walked to a more secluded area.

"Talk. You have 90 seconds."

"I need more than that to erm...explain. Thanks for giving me a chance though." He smiled weakly, taking a deep breath.

"75 seconds." She stated, looking a bit uninterested.

"I'm really sorry Leah, truly. What I said last year...it wasn't true." He sighed softly. "I was acting like an arse, an it wasn't fair to you."

"You can say that." She muttered under her breath, sighing. "55 seconds left,"

"I wanted to ask if you could find it in your heart somewhere to forgive me? Or at least give me another chance? Please?"

"Harry-I'm-" She was a little bit startled, looking at the Gryffindor in a surprised manner.

"Please?" He pleaded, a desperate look on his face.

"Fine. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.." She chuckled softly as she saw him sigh out of relief.

"Nervous about rejection, Potter?"

"I was..." She smiles gently, holding out her hand. He took it, a bit hesitant.

"No problem. I'm just giving you another chance, but give me one reason to doubt you. And I'm hexing you, understood?" He nodded quickly, chuckling softly.

"Understood."

[⚕]

"Harry! Harry stop it!" She was giggling, attempting to push his hands away. Soon enough, Ron started copying Harry's movements, yet on Hermione, leaving both of the girls giggling.

"Ronald!" Hermione attempted too, to stop the boys. To no avail though, as they continued to tickle and tease the girls of the friendgroup. She was still best friends with Raven, but she had recently gotten a badger boyfriend, so she spent a lot of time with the Golden Trio. Their friendship almost back to what it was before their fight.

[⚕]

"Look Harry...I don't know if we fit here-" She gestured towards Raven, who stood next to her. "Even though we've mended our friendship-'' Raven finished her sentence for her. ''-the other houses can't help but think that we're going to rat you out..'' She chuckled slightly at Raven, then looking at Harry for his reaction.

''But you do fit here! Leah..'' He sighed softly. ''I want you here. You too Raven.'' He smiled gently at the still unsure girls.

''I don't think it would be the best idea though Harry. Literally almost everyone from our year in Slytherin is a member of that stupid squad. They could follow us and find out..''

''They won't. Besides that, you are two of the brigthest girls of our year, I'm sure you'll figure it out.'' He smiled at the two girls kindly, secretly hoping that they decide to stay. ''You belong here just as much as anyone else, okay?''

''Okay.'' She sighed audibly as she drove a hand over her face. Staying out of the hands of the Inquisitorial Squad was going to be hard. Especially because of Malfoy. Even though it had lessened, she still found him staring at her sometimes. His grey-like blue eyes always showing a hint of something?

Leah could never figure out if it was hatred or admiration. Maybe both? She wasn't sure. He never held her gaze long enough for her to see. He tore it away the second their eyes met, pretending that nothing ever happened.

[⚕]

Her relation with Saint Potter had...improved. By a lot. He loathed it. He was so caught up in loathing it that he started acting like a complete arsehole. Even more than he usually did. He went back to bullying everyone, including first-years.

It surely helped his anger issues towards Potter.

Just seeing them sitting together made him want to punch something. It wasn't fair. At fucking all. Then again, Blaise was right with what he said.

Draco didn't own her.

Leah wasn't his to get jealous over.

She meant something to him. He knew that. He didn't like it, but he was aware of it. He missed their late nights in the Astronomy tower. He missed the thrill of sneaking through the halls late at night as they were on their way to their common room. One time, they even had to pretend Draco had found her during his Prefect rounds. Their time together was always brief, but they were the best hours of the day for him. He just couldn't resist himself in trying to stop her from dating Potter.

Draco had found the perfect way to make sure that she would be too busy to even try to get with Potter.

[⚕]

"They've been popping up everywhere, Raven. Who could they be from?.." She threw the small pieces of parchment onto her bed, sighing in frustration.

"What do they say?" Raven questioned, taking a handful of them and looking at them.

You're very pretty.

You're amazing, Nightingale.

I wish you were pureblooded

If only things were easier.

Neither of the girls were able to recognise the handwriting, but they agreed that whoever was writing these notes was most likely a pureblood Slytherin. As they would be the only ones truly stuck in their parents' thoughts on blood purity. The notes were still bugging her by the time she went to sleep. Who would send her these?