{49} Another light

CHAPTER FOURTY NINE; ANOTHER LIGHT

❝ touch one hair on her head and i will kill you. ❞

:' before the otherness came.'~hozier, as it was

[Warning: Slightly graphic descriptions of violence and torture.]

The reopened wound that covered her leg stung awfully, but she forced herself to ignore it. They were nearing the gate, and Leah gulped as she saw who was waiting for them. It seemed for a brief moment that Draco's aunt didn't recognise her. Perhaps the change of her hair recently had truly altered her appearance.

The attention was shifted onto Harry quickly, and the second his scar was shown to Bellatrix, her shrill voice began to whisper. "Get Draco."

She hated how familiar the Manor was. This was Draco's home. She'd spent the first bloody months of the War here. She was on edge.

She was seen as a traitor before. What would she be seen as now? She was helping Potter.

She left a trail of blood as she walked and it made her wonder how long it would take to pass out from blood loss. Because with what was to come, she'd prefer being passed out. She stayed in the back as they were dragged into the Manor, keeping her gaze at the floor. If she was seen- she had no idea what type of hell would break loose. She heard Harry struggling against Bellatrix' grip, but she couldn't risk looking up.

"And?"

Not with all of the Malfoy's in the room.

"I can't be sure." He stated hesitantly. Leah smiled. He was doing the right thing. Of course he was. She looked up and saw Lucius Malfoy pace over to his son. It unnerved her.

"Look close, listen..-" He spoke in a hushed tone as he laid his hand on Draco's neck. "If we're the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, all will be forgiven. All will be as it was, before."

"Now we won't be forgetting who actually caught him. I hope, Mr Malfoy." Leah then noticed the presence of Narcissa Malfoy, and their eyes met. Draco's mother eyed her curiously for a few seconds, before sending her a careful smile. She nodded in response, and smiled back.

"You dare to talk to me like that in my own house?!" Lucius replied agitatedly, raising his voice, which was softened by Narcissa as she paced towards her husband.

"Lucius." She hissed out, and dragged him backwards- and away from Draco.

Draco's aunt forced him to take another look at Harry- who to Leah's surprise, had been hit with a stinging jinx.

"He came to us like that, something he picked up in the forest, I reckon." The reply came. Leah felt dizzy. Her head light. One look at the floor below her explained why. Blood.

"Walked into a stinging jinx...or was it one of you?.." The witch made her way over to where they were held, and stretched out her hand. "Give me their wands. I want to see what their last spells were." She laughed. "Caught you." She gasped as she walked a bit further- and her eyes fell on the sword they'd been carrying with them. "Where'd you get that from?" She exclaimed, unamused.

"It was in her bag when we searched her." The man replied, and Leah cursed internally. It wasn't her bag, but Hermione's. But she'd been the one to carry it.

"GET OUT!" Bellatrix yelled, outraged. "Put the boys, in the cellar!" She ordered, and Leah saw that they were dragged away by Narcissa. "I want to have a conversation with these ones. Girls, to girls." She hissed, and Leah prayed to everything up and above that Draco's aunt didn't recognise her. She heard Draco and his mother leave the room.

The Slytherin Girl was restrained against the wall, and forced to watch as poor Hermione Granger was interrogated. She unconsciously let out a whimper when her friend started sobbing again.

"Would you like in on the fun, little girl?" She cackled, and Leah dropped to the floor when the restraints released her. The crazy woman quirked up an eyebrow as she studied her and began to laugh, manically when she finally saw. "It's the traitor!" She singsonged happily, and circled her sprawled out body.

"What to do with you?...." She amusedly said, watching her in detail. She leaned down, and bent over her body. Leah was shaking with fear. That fear only increased when she felt a sharp object dig into the skin of her arm. It was sliced open painfully, and she couldn't help but let out a wail of misery. The blade continued to paint her skin, deeply. She was crying out, like Hermione had been before her. The pain was excruciating. The insane witch that was causing it, simply laughed, and admired the apparent art she'd created on Leah's arm.

She turned around when she deemed herself finished, probably going to harm Hermione even more. So, foolishly, Leah spoke up.

"Stop. I took the sword." She lied effortlessly, but it came out as a whimper.

"Get the goblin." Bellatrix demanded, and bent down over her body again. "My poor nephew-" She whispered, and Leah shivered. "-fallen in love with a traitor." She turned her attention to the goblin as he was brought up, and Leah carefully shuffled a bit closer to Hermione, who was crying. She closed her eyes, and took ahold of the other girl's hand. The same light, that glowed before, did so again, and though the cuts of the other girl did not close- the Gryffindor's pain was relieved.

'Thank you.' Hermione mouthed. Leah shook her head in response and laid her head down on the floor. Her dizziness hadn't left. And with the immense blur clouding her vision, she wondered how long she had left.

Sounds of curses filled her ears, and soon enough she was held in another strong grip, though this time, a cold blade laid closely against her throat. "Drop your wands!" Attention shifted to them.

"I said, DROP THEM!" She slipped between states consciousness, and unconsciousness. Her skin was paler than usual, and she barely breathed. She didn't even hear the creaking sound the chandelier was making. She only heard it crash down. Instead of actually ducking away when she was released, simply fell to the floor. She glanced up, and saw Draco struggling with Potter. He saw her a brief second later, and hurried over.

"Leah-" He breathed out, falling to his knees beside her limp body. "Leah." He shook her gently, but received no response. He didn't even bother looking at what was happening in the room. Leah was here. That was all he could care about. "Leah?" His voice broke as he searched her neck for a pulse. Only to find it weak, and barely there.

"Draco." Narcissa Malfoy laid a hand on his shoulder in comfort.

"Mother. She needs help. Medical help. Now." He rushed out, scooping her body up in his arms. His mother nodded, and followed him to his bedroom, where he laid her down. She worked quickly, casting the healing spells necessary to keep her alive.

"Where did you bring the traitor, nephew dearest?" It sounded from downstairs. He felt a sudden rush of anger, causing him to get up, and pace down the stairs.

"You will keep your fucking hands, off her." He growled out roughly, scowling.

"A girl is all it took for the darkness in you to finally come to the surface!" She exclaimed excitedly, laughing loudly. "A filthy traitor." She taunted. "Leah.." She whispered. His glare turned icy cold, and he stepped closer.

"Keep her name out of your mouth." He ordered darkly. He knew his aunt was merely trying to infuriate him, but he couldn't help it.

"I'll simply ask the Dark Lord for a turn with her. Let's see if she swings my way too." She grinned broadly.

His blood boiled. He took another step closer, balling his fists. "Touch one hair on her head, and I will kill you." He sneered.

"How exciting!" She laughed again, turning around and walking away.