{32} So this is love

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO; SO THIS IS LOVE

only for you.

: 'So this is love, this is what makes life divine.'~cinderella

"What did you see, Leah?!" He urged her.

"I can't see anything, Professor. I'm really getting dizzy. Can we take a momentary break, please?" She pleaded with her Headmaster, who simply shook his head.

Even though she had visited him to get some help with her visions, she did not like the way he was teaching her. But, he was the only person she could go to. She hadn't been able to meet up with her mentor in Christmas break, and she was eager to learn how to control her ability.

"No, Miss Nightingale. Voldemort won't allow you to take any breaks either." She sighed softly in dissatisfaction. He was making her summon visions of very specific scenarios of the future, probably for his own benefit, but Leah chose to ignore that for now.

But then, he had asked her to summon the thing she valued most. It'd gone good at first. She'd seen Raven, and people who she thought were her birth parents. However, as Dumbledore's instructions become more detailed, she saw Draco.

First he was crying. In a bathroom.

She could've sworn she heard her own voice speaking to him.

And then someone else walked in. She didn't know who. It was too unclear for her to see.

Then she saw him walk through the halls. In a rush. His face was struck with horror, and he looked more frightened than ever. A sea of people dressed in black behind him.

Lastly though, she saw them together. In a grand garden that undoubtedly belonged to a Manor of some sorts. Pouring rain came down onto them, but they didn't care. It seemed that just being together was all that mattered.

Dumbledore had urged her, calmly, to tell him what she'd seen, but she couldn't. So instead, she pretended she hadn't seen anything and that she wasn't feeling well.

"Professor I can't-"

"-Yes you can. You're just afraid to see the love of your life in a way you wish not to see him. Unless you have already, of course." He responded wittily, as a slight gasp left the lips of the Slytherin girl.

"I beg your pardon, Headmaster." She raised an eyebrow, frowning.

"You're afraid to see Draco completing his task when you summon visions this specific, which is why you don't want to." He explained, calmly.

"I really have no clue what you're talking about sir, I apologise." It unnerved her how calm he was. Was he bluffing?

No man would really be calm if he knew his end was near, right?

"Please, feel no need to lie, Miss Nightingale. I'm aware of what Draco has been forced to do." She shook her head and lowered her gaze.

"Professor I really have no clue what you're speaking about." She kept her facial expression neutral as the wizard across from her sighed.

"You're free to leave now, Miss Nightingale."

[]

"What in Salazar's name are you doing, Starlet?" He laughed heartily as he watched her from where he stood in the doorframe. The music that he'd heard from outside the Potions Classroom was louder inside, though he did not recall ever having heard the song before.