{17} A line from the past

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN; A LINE FROM THE PAST

❝i love you. ❞

♫: 'and i don't want you to see nobody.' ~ariana grande, boyfriend. (feat. Social House)

RAVEN AND LEAH WALKED HAND IN HAND TO KING'S CROSS. No matter what anyone said, they were sisters. It wasn't official just yet, but the documents would arrive soon. She wanted to keep her own last name. But the adoption would still be legal under the eyes of the ministry.

That was the matter Raven's parents wanted to discuss over tea after they shopped for supplies. She actually had a family. A loving family. Richard and Emma Crawford made clear that they would never deliberately try to replace her parents, but they would be her legal caregivers. She couldn't believe their kindness. Their good hearts. The news even distracted her thoughts away from her ex?

Was that what he was? They had never really dated. Or well, they hadn't even discussed the topic, really. But they were together. It wasn't a spoken agreement, but she knew that subconsciously, they saw each other as partners, for the lack of a better term.

[♚]

"Hurry along dears, go on." Mrs Crawford called out, smiling warmly as she embraced both of the girls. They said their goodbyes to each other, even getting slightly emotional. No one had ever dropped her off at the station before.

They were sat in the Prefect compartments, as Leah was a new assigned female Prefect for her house. She wasn't sure why, as usually all prefects started in their fifth years, but she didn't question it. Gladly sitting in the remarkably nicer compartment with her sister.

Leah Nightingale didn't bother looking at him. It would only hurt. Instead, she focused her attention on Raven. Who was excitedly talking about her Puff Boyfriend. They were still together and she couldn't wait to see him again. She nodded a few times and pretended to listen.

Yet she couldn't help herself as her gaze found its way fixated onto Platinum Blonde hair. She listened to him as he spoke, watching him intensely.

He felt the weight of a stare as he was speaking to Parkinson, but he chose to ignore it. They were probably just staring at him because of his father. Because his father had landed himself in Azkaban. He didn't know that it was her who was observing his every move. That is was her who watched him intensely as he subconsciously scratched at his suit. At the sleeve that covered his left lower arm.

Raven soon saw her distraction and truly, she didn't blame her. From long nights where the girls did nothing but talk about their problems, she had gotten to know her. Better than she knew herself. She loved someone who could never be hers. And even after almost a full year, she didn't realise it. Raven knew of what she had seen in Knockturn Alley. Leah confided in her about her visions. Raven knew of how scared she was for the boy. Raven knew everything.

Raven knew the girl that once, didn't want to be known.

"Hogwarts-" He started, scoffing and scowling. "- What a pathetic excuse for a school. I think I'd pitch myself off the Astronomy Tower if I had to continue for another two years."

"What's that supposed to be mean?-" Leah stopped listening to the conversation there and then. Draco was back to his usual self. He seemed to be completely back to the Draco that had tried testing her in the first week of their fifth year. His words and his tone had triggered something.

Raven, who by now had grown to recognise whenever the girl had a vision, simply began to pretend to be conversing with the girl, trying to draw attention from the abnormal silence that surrounded where they were seated. Leah's eyes had a grey haze in them, but it was darker than it usually was. Darker than Raven had seen. Perhaps she was seeing the past?