└TWO┘

____________________________________________

The door opened for Jungkook by one of the maids, and Jungkook just walked in- eyes fogged. He walked across the foyer through the living room to the stairs up to the bedroom. He walked in and took his coat off, throwing it onto the couch. He fell onto the bed, looking up.

What the fuck just happened?

He's still processing it.. kind of.

Taehyung.. is alive?

All these years.. all these years he spent crying and screaming and hoping Taehyung was happy up there. He was... alive?!

Jungkook doesn't know if he's relieved, angry, happy, or upset.

Right now, he's just confused. And a little dazed. He.. needs to sleep.

Take a bath. No- you already took a bath. Drink some tea. Yeah- he can do that! He can drink tea! Or, nope, it's almost dinner time- why would he drink tea? Okay- wow. He just- he feels a little- wow.

"Jungkook," A voice snapped, and Jungkook snapped his head towards the door and saw Chris. "I called your name 3 times, are you deaf?"

Jungkook stood up, smoothening his shirt. "S-sorry. I- um- I was just-" Jungkook stammered, and then saw how he made a mess of the room by flinging the jacket around and rushed over to pick it up, smoothening it properly and laying it over the couch neatly.

"I came home early. Work got cut short so I decided to come home and see you." Chris said, walking into the room and towards Jungkook.

Jungkook stared at the ground, and then felt two fingers tug on his chin, lifting it up and making him look at the older man. "You look like you saw a ghost." Chris said, and Jungkook blinked.

"I think I did." Jungkook whispered, and then Chris reached forward, tucking a bit of hair behind Jungkook's ear.

"What's wrong?" Chris asked softly, and Jungkook bit his lip, looking at Chris tentatively.

"Nothing. I just- I don't feel that great. Think I have some fever. Or something." Jungkook said, and Chris sighed.

"You're at home all day, Jungkook. How do you even get sick?" Chris asked, stepping away from him and taking his suit jacket off.

Jungkook gulped, toying with the engagement ring on his finger. "W-well I don't like being home all day." Jungkook said, and Chris gave him a look he gives him all the time. One telling him to shut up, basically.

So Jungkook did. And he looked down, an anxious feeling in his chest. He didn't know what it was. But he felt anxious, for some reason. Like there was a parasite inside his stomach eating him alive. He's sure it's because of Taehyung.

"Doll," Chris said, walking over to Jungkook. Jungkook let out a little tsk, and Chris sighed. "Right right- sorry. Forgot you don't like being called that." Chris mumbled, and Jungkook looked at him.

"Listen. Why don't we go eat dinner and watch a nice movie, yeah? Will that make my princess feel better?" Chris whispered, and Jungkook felt his cheeks tint and just nodded.

Chris leaned forward, placing his hands under Jungkook's thighs, lifting him up easily. Jungkook smiled softly, wrapping his arms around his neck and legs around his waist, placing his head in the crevice of his neck.

"Princess feels tired?" Chris asked, and Jungkook hummed. "Daddy'll make you feel better. C'mon. Let's eat." Chris whispered, and then placed Jungkook down on his chair, making him giggle lightly.

Jungkook looked in front of him, and his smile faded when he saw the same salad on his side. Tomatoes and lettuce and boiled beans with some kind of vegan dressing on it. Jungkook tried not to show his discontent as he grabbed a fork. He looked up, seeing the rice and meat stew the maid prepared for Chris, and just looked away.